With the End in Sight, NEP turns Nasty

I agree. It hadn't occurred to me that "the giant outdoor whorehouse will be right outside of PatPong [rather than Sukhumvit], and the other two districts. That is where the potential customer base will be, and so the trade will be shifted, and plied there", but this makes sense.

I certainly agree about the "carnage of bankrupt businesses" in Sukhumvit if the new regulations are enforced.

The end will be pretty predictable. I would imagine the named sanuk districts are already receiving large number's of applications from girls in the "un-named" one's. The result will be the 'blessed' bars being able to pick from the cream-of-the-crop, and will result in some great eye-candy for those bars empowered to operate without new restrictions (at least minimal ones).
I know girls that are already starting to make inquiries at Patpong. I haven't received any padded bills in NEP yet, but I mostly frequent bars where the mama-san and a few of the BGs recognize me. But I have certainly noticed a mood change, and it wouldn't surprise me if things do get nasty in NEP.

Because the ship may soon sink, I will make a point to visit NEP more often than usual between now and the end of the month since there may not be much left to visit after 1 March if the new rules are enforced.

I hope Singman is right and it will be included in a zone, but until I see something more definite, I am not planning on it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"...there was flagrant bar padding. In one bar, it almost got phyiscal when we brought it to our dek serve's attention. She didn't care. Nor did the management..."

An old BKK hand and friend of mine was in Pretty lady Monday night, gave them a 500THB for a 100THB bill, didn't get change, went up and asked about it, got cursed at, he can speak some Thai/Lao (35+years there) and got a bit pissed, some guy took a step towards him, and he smashed his beer bottle on the bar, ready to defend himself, there were words, and of course no 400THB change...he grabed beer off the bar and left...still It is the principle...Have seen some bars in Patpong write down what note you8 give them, some ask you to sign it...I guess best to payt as you go, and use exact change where possible...

I was in NEP tonight (briefly), and although nothing dramatic occurred, the atmosphere hung heavy with a sulking resentment. It was mai sanuk.

This doesn't bode well for the future. On a possibly more positive note, Long Gun in Soi Cowboy has demonstrated some creativity in the apparel department. I think Bibblies, with his interest in tits, would approve. But I wonder if it is all for all for naught.

If there is a shift to Patpong, I hope some of the budding creativity we are starting to see in Sukhumvit makes it way to Patpong.

Beer bottles broken on bar tops OH?!?! :: Sounds like a time-warp back to old BKK. Not that anyone missed the clip-joint days of before, right mate?

Its funny how you can always run into a bit of mischief on the bill. You can bar crawl for years and speak Thai yet when you least expect it you'll here, "You gave me 100Baht when the bill was clearly Pink not red." NO CHANGE. Happened to me one-year ago, and three other people were with me who saw it. :onfire:

400B aside hope you're having a great holiday. In Patpong you can always call the Tourist Police[Nana too if you have patience], or just stumble to the end of the soi to their van. That will stir a bit of a ruckus, but steal your SANUK time. :doah:

the_numbers

Gadfly1 said:

On a possibly more positive note, Long Gun in Soi Cowboy has demonstrated some creativity in the apparel department. I think Bibblies, with his interest in tits, would approve.

I did see it a few weeks ago and I did approve. :p Pretty much topless.

If there is a shift to Patpong, I hope some of the budding creativity we are starting to see in Sukhumvit makes it way to Patpong.

Yep, first step: bring back the pasties! (Why did they disappear a few years ago from the Kings Group bars? I find it hard to believe there was a specific rule about them! (Because even after they disappeared from those downstairs bars, they continued at Safari) :dunno:

Archived