With the End in Sight, NEP turns Nasty

Lucky to me that i'm arrive at 28.2., so i have the last two days with later closing times.

But serious, since a couple of years, in my opinion, NEP was going down every month a bit more and now it seems so that we can start to write the gravestone for NEP and SC. - R.I.P :(:eek:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few years ago when they closed the bars at 2:00 instead of staying open all night, people said about the same thing.

This time things are a little different. Thee seems to be less sex tourist. Less sex tourist, less money for the bars and the girls. Also, Thailand is trying its hardest to look more like a developing country then a 3rd world country. This image change has to step on some toes.

As far as the bars making less money, I think the men can show up ealier, drink faster, and conduct their business while within the new time slot. Just have to roll with the punches.

You must have been pretty drunk, since that place hasn't been Bottoms Up for a few months now. And how were you ripped off ? I seem to remember that there were many "bins" going into the cup, and then the cup overflowed with paper until one of us had the nerve to finally ask for Check Bin.

MightyMouse said:A few years ago when they closed the bars at 2:00 instead of staying open all night, people said about the same thing.

on which timeframe are you referring? majority of bars in NEP and SC close at 200am for many, many years. ok some beer bars stayed open a bit longer and there were also exceptions among gogo's where you could have some more drinks, but in general closing at 0200 was not something that has been introduced under the current government! that was already the case under chuan, chavalit, banharn, chatchai...

Because i couldn't work out the math of it afterwards. We were there for 40 -60 mins max. Four girls and four guys. The guys wouldn't have had more than three beers each. At least two of the girls had only one beer. So we are looking at 14 beers so far, the other two girls had a breezer each and a tequila or two. Now unless they are charging 200 baht a drink these days its pretty damn hard to get that bill up to 3295.

Maybe I'm wrong. That pussy whipped member of our party probably ordered more tequila's than he admitted in order to get those girls intoxicated.

While I missed the nanaplaza heyday what I saw of it in january left me with the impression that when it closes down it will be no great loss. I saw a bunch of drunks trying to cram themselves into one disco while the rest of them were empty of customers. Over all impression was: one medium sized shithole. I cant blame the thai's for wanting that place to go away.

Archived