Worst job near NANA this week

OCgringo

Ok....you thought you had it bad at work.....

today was clean the storm drain day on Soi 4 in front of Nanaplaza.

Now at my house they would get a big truck with suction machine to do the work....

Well here they just got buckets , sent a man down the sewer/storm drain hole and put him to work !

He was up to his waste in this stuff , no protective gear at all !

Now if you figure what crap goes down those drains everyday you can imagine whjat it smelled like....

And the guy probably got 200 baht a day for doing it.

there are about 10 of the drains from Suk to dynasty Inn,

I assume they do this all over town......

Another day in BKK.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My understanding is that these guys are actually prisoners doing their community service...at least that's what I read some place. (A little different that "KP", i think.)

I used to operate a vacuum truck that would pump out portable toilets and sewage holding tanks. Sometimes the vacuum pump would be just be sucking away, then come to a dead stop, sucking up a beer bottle or can in the hose.

One day, a double headed dildo came popping out, when I disconnected the hose cam locks. That thing bounced and rolled quite a bit on the sidewalk :: ::

The biggest threat are hypodermic needles that people would throw into these portable toilets, and end up poking through the suction hose. Your gloves would not save you getting stuck with one of these things if you did not watch out, and I was damn careful about that not happening to me. Thankfully, it was a temporary job, and I moved on. Still, I think it beats working at Mcdonalds :grinyes:

lazyphil said:

I saw this going on out side the British Embassy--had a few guys who were wearing what looked like some sort of prison uniform?

R u sure those were't AGM t-shirts? :dunno: (Better do a member "head count".)

Off topic a bit, well maybe a lot :cover:

I just saw on the news a sentence handed out by a judge in the USA to a guy that robbed a house, and on the way out he left a calling card, 'he shit on the floor" :cussing: :cussing:

Which hit home to me, because that same thing happened to my father many years ago when he was robbed.

Along with the usual punishment, an adder was to clean 100 latrines,

maybe that will help cure the idiot.

Archived