UAL-Possible strike

Old Hippie

quote:

Originally posted by bkkblues:

Airlines are not required to rebook you on

...old hippee if united doent match nwa/aa

top outs shut them down

That is pretty much the plan! Oddly enough, Business week Magazine even said UAL has to pay us, and that they played a major part in the current standoff, odd, they usually favor big business. But the bigger issue is, the white house and all the other airlines want concessions from all the airline workers, so we are not just fighting for ouirselves here. Incidently, the proposed 20% pay cut would mean a family of four would qualify for low income housing in the bay area! So fight we must, and fight we shall, in fact we have been looking forewaord to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I called UAL early in January and was told that if I was in mid-travel they would put me on another carrier to get me home (to the US). I'm leaving for BKK before they can strike, but scheduled to return after they could strike.

Pattayaman,

Yes, that is true, provided there are available seats. If not, you will be put on a standby list. Also, should a carrier file bankruptsy, the other carriers are supposed to honor the tickets, but that can get "hairy." In all honesty, it looks like there won't be a strike, most likely the governments "presidential emergency board" will come up with something. Pres. GW has said he won't allow airline strikes...great...

Archived