Movie: "The Passion" banned in Thailand

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well What can I say... "Haunting, sobbering, thought provoking, disturbing, and uplifting" is how I would describe it

My wife knew some of the bible stories from her upbringing but the movie was too deep for non-christians to get the "truth" from it. Would I recommend a Buddist Thai to see it. NOOOO way. Did I recommend my mother to see it. Told her it is must for her. I think it is a good tool for christians to use as a way to get into the bible rather than just read the glossed over text in the gospels. But there are much better reviews on the net than mine so will leave it at that.

itsmedave said:

I'm sure you good christians out there will tell me that it was all the pain that let us know that God loves us...by giving up his son for our sins. Well...Blow me! I love my mom but I think I'll just send a card rather than drive nails through my hands to prove it. If she can get the message of my love without my mutilation...then why does this God suppose we need it so much. And why doesn't he have HIMSELF tortured rather than send his son to do his dirty work? Seems rather cowardly to me.

itsmedave, excellent post. Seems like almost every religion is about laying guilt trips on the unsuspecting masses, or sucking money from their pockets. I would rather try to live my life than be a slave of it. Going to work to make money is my own personal hell :: Bring on the strippers,lesbian shows, and a good beer.Thats my definition of heaven ::

Mel needs to make another "Road Warrior" movie. That is one of the best movies I have ever seen. That leader called "Humongous" of the gang of crazies was really done well :D

then why does this God suppose we need it so much. And why doesn't he have HIMSELF tortured rather than send his son to do his dirty work? Seems rather cowardly to me.

---------------------------------

This is basically my grip with christian religion. They clearly let this anthropomorphic idea of God, the Father, get a life of its own. The idea ofGod is for each one of us as we wish to apprehend it or not. IMO, there is nothing outside of us, in other planes. God, Hell, Heaven.... The whole chutzpa, is inside of us* or is not.

All these notions are simply symbols for something that words cannot grasp, but people confuse the message with the messenger (dogmas), as usual.

* the meaning behind jesus's words (wether he said it or not):

The Kingdom of God is spread amongst the Earth, but people do not see it

I had to see a movie yesterday (date), turned out to be the "Passion".

What a boring movie!

It wasn't even cruel (complete lack of emotions) or bloody (lots of superficial cuts and bruises, big deal) or antisemitic as promised by the media. Guys who write this have probably never seen an average Thai or Hong Kong movie or a video game. A bit noisy towards the end, but overall I was about as impressed by it as by "Dude, where is my car" and similar intellectually challenged stuff.

Date was ok, though. And nice to practice my high school latin.

Vidistine nuper imagines moventes bonas? Hmmm, I guess not :D

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Mihi ignosce. Cum homine de cane debeo congredi. Die dulci fruere.

OK, got that out of my system LOL! Now I do not have to see the movie!

Cheers,

SD

Archived