Warning Smokers

Alfmaz

Warning to all smokers

I was sitting out side a bar in Surk near the Beer Garden and in 1 hour they had fined about 30 Farang for throwing their Buts on the ground, they even follow you to catch you in the act, I think the cops have found a new way to make a quick buck fine is 2000 Bhat with a ticket or you can talk him down no ticket, police back pocket 1000 Baht:cussing:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good! I hate when people litter. Smokers seem to be the worst. Every little bit helps cut down the mess.

BTW, this subject has been done to death on this board. I'll restate my opinion -- the law is clear: littering = up to B2000 fine. There are signs everywhere. And even if they wern't, as in ANY country, if you break the law, expect and accept the concequences. And do not get into the whinge about picking on farangs. It's their law, they can selectively enforce it as they feel (maybe they do maybe they don't -- I have seen Thais stopped too). I am not saying that selective enforcement is right, but there is only one thing you can do about it -- don't break the law! If you do, and I do at times, as does everyone, don't whinge when you get caught.

Regards,

SD

I couldnt agree more Suadum. Exactly when did society decide that its perfectly fine for people to throw carcinogenic pellets on the ground / into potplants etc ? Smokers clearly dont give a shit about the environment, but why do the rest of us just stand passively by and let it happen ?? :banghead:

If only our own cops would abandon their speed cameras and adopt this form of revenue raising - we'd have new hospitals and schools overnight !

If only our own cops would abandon their speed cameras and adopt this form of revenue raising...

Such devices are often supplied to police for free by car insurance companies. This is out of the goodness of their hearts to improve road safety. Of course it has nothing to do with more tickets meaning they can charge higher premiums. :banghead:

Are cigarrette butts going to clean up Thailand? When I look in the chao phraya river I think not. No problem with this law except I wish they would spend their time going after something that can make appreciable headway on pollution.

personally, i do like a bit of litter. makes it less dry and sterile.

fortunately its only on sukhumvit and silom where they still arrest people - anywhere else i am still free to throw my cigarette butts around wherever i want.

there actually is a high art of throwing butts around - put them between thumb and index finger and snip them as far as you can. or train aim-snipping. for the advanced ones - throw them in the air and then kick them with your heel. :hubba:

Was the copper in plain clothes or something?

Or was it an outing by the Ray Charles School of Blind Farangs?

What were these guys thinking?

"Duh, that guy over there just got a ticket... duh, wonder why, duh... duh... oh, sorry officer I didn't see you there disguised as a pot plant... why certainly officer and do you take visa or can I pay by cheque?"

I was stopped on pratunam market in the years I smoked.

The cop asked me to folow him, he brought us back to the crime scene and lifted the correct cig but from the pavement.

I was invited to pay a 200b fine (yes, only two hundred baht) at the police booth at the corner of Rajdamri and Petburi and got a receipt. All correct I must say.

On may the 4th 2000 I suffered a myocardial hart infarct in Pattaya.

Well known causes are smoking, high blood pressure, bad nutrition, bad colesterol levels, diabetic, stress...

The easy part was to stop smoking. As mentionned by the cardiologist the insurance company sent over to bring me to farangland: none of my patients is still smoking.

The tough part is to adapt to your limited capabilities after an MI.

Whatever the fine is for throwing a cig but on the pavement, an MI is a lot worse. 25% don't survive their first MI.

Moral: don't stop throwing your buts on the pavement, STOP smoking.

>>>25% don't survive their first MI.<<<

...and about 100% don't survive life.

i am not saying that smoking is good for you, but as you said:

>>>Well known causes are smoking, high blood pressure, bad nutrition, bad colesterol levels, diabetic, stress...<<<

apart from smoking i ain't got none of the others.

smoking is for me a pleasure. one day it might not be anymore, and then i will stop. you may say that it is too late by then, but who cares. we all gonna die one day.

Archived