Warning Smokers

Alfmaz

In Japan almost all smokers have a small portable ashtray in their pocket. Isn't this a solution for you?

I have one of these - I bought it at MBK (about 100B) and has a cord so I can hang around my neck during the day when I'm out and about.

Another thing you can do is: (Martha Stewart would be proud of this one!) :grinyes:

* Get an empty film cannester. (One of the black ones with the grey lids).

* Line it with the foil from the inside of your cigarette packet.

* Presto - instant portable ashtray. :)

I'm a smoker, but refuse to throw them on the ground. Sure, one smoker isn't going to make that much difference, but put 'em all together and that's a hell of a lot of cigarette butts entering waterways etc. And they're not very biodegradable - 11 years they take to break down.

Fly P.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding

"I never saw a Thai litter"

That is true. I never have seen a Thai litter. I have seen the results of their littering. I have seen falangs littering in Thailand though.

What I was trying to say is they use discretion in littering. Maybe some falangs should use the same policy so they do not get fined.

Hi,

"What I was trying to say is they use discretion in littering."

Again, what????

They just toss away any trash they have out of the window of their car/bus/train. Or just drop a plastic bag once they've finished the contents of it. Discreet? Hardly!

Sanuk!

Yes, i was today stupid enough to put a Marlboro to the street on Sukhumvit.

Then the brown boys stopped me :(, lucky i was walking with my GTG and after

a talk i paid only 500 Baht :).

The law exist since 1997 and i knew this very well, but today i was stupid enough

to doing this.

carew66 said:

(Not being touchy - but if anyone wants to call me a wanker then do it f2f. Pleeeeeze!)

OK. you are a wanker.

shall i send you the invoice for "special services" to your office or homeadress?

oh you brits...that public schools system really screwed you up sexually...

::

carew66 said:

Everything is biodegradeable. Everything.

You'll catch on eventually.

Er, No. Not everything. You may be confused about the meanings of the term biodegradeable, as opposed to inorganic or other forms of degredation, natural or otherwise.

I have travelled quite a bit and would have to say that in Thailand, especially near the borders [not malaysia], I have seen litter and acts of littering so gross and unmistakable that the perpatrators should be shot. I am not a big environmental 'activist' and agree with carew 'it's all biodegradable, be patient'. Certainly the grossest thing I have heard in a while is that someone wears an ashtray around their neck.

"I have one of these - I bought it at MBK (about 100B) and has a cord so I can hang around my neck during the day when I'm out and about."

Is this a joke? You walk around with an ashtray hanging around your neck?

YEEEEECCHHHHH!!!! The ashtray is the worst part about smoking.

I am a hardcore smoker who has just quit. The patch made it effortless. Should you want to quit it is worth a try. Cheaper than cigarettes.

The dumbest person I saw was a falang in falang land. One day I had to go to court. When I got there, the room was mostly full. For whatever reason, the judge called the first person and it turned out to be a case I was familiar with. The judge, talking in a loud voice, discussed the case openly so everybody became familiar with rthe case and became aware of all the details. It turned out the falang had dumped his garbage across the road from me. I went over, open a bag and was surprised the idiot included in his garbage, his mail he was throwing away. I called the police and thisissued a warrant for his arrrest. A year later, he got stopped for a traffic infraction and was arrested on the 'garbage' issue. In court, he pleaded guilty, was fined and that was the end of it. I know the judge and was surprised that he called me next. He spoke quietly to me, so quietly that I had a hard time hearing him. Without me saying anything, my charge was dismissed. Falang justice.

Archived