Browsing NP on a phone in the bars

chilli13

Recently got myself the Sony Ericsson P900 smartphone & found out it can actually browse the NP (java script) site quite smoothly thus enabling a quick post from the bars or just catching up etc :up:

Simply login & bookmark your favorite folder(nightlife) & NP is only a click away(navigating is by a 'pointer')

I'm sure other phones can do it as well or at least most PDA's, but have they got 5minutes video capacaties as well?

Cool, very cool.

Would it not depend on your phone provider and what Wap services they have or am I 2 weeks behind the teckno curve and completely out of touch ? :doah:

P900 in U.S. - Prices by c|net

I expect it to be more expensive in Europe (and know for a fact that it goes for a steep 1000 USD in Sweden).

The P800 is prolly up to about half-price to a P900. I have a P800 -- but I must say that I quite dislike it. :down: Sure, it has lots of bells & whistles but let's be honest...you'll ever only use a fraction of it.

IMO a Palm Pilot is far superior, especially when it comes to the interaction between PC and Organizer + availability of 3rd party software. :up:

Tomorrow the Cebit fair in Hannover will start were all new phones, PDA's and other gadgets are introduced. The new smartphones will come out in Summer/Autumn, therefore as always the prices for the current phones will drop considerably with in the next months.

The new models will have megapixel cams, large screens, email client e.g., moreover some will have Bluetooth and UMTS.

No problem on Nokia 6600/3650 as well, using the Netfront browser for example. These are quite a bit cheaper than p900. Bit fiddly of course, but possible. :)

Most bars don't really like it when you wave camera phones around, though this is getting better. (i.e. they're getting less paranoid about it)

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived