Carlsberg in Thailand?

Fatboy

Big_Kahuna said:

If Carlsberg DID stop exporting into Thailand, then where is it coming from??

Carlsberg was not an imported beer. It was locally brewed by a partnership. Since it is still apparently available, that might give some insight into why Carlsberg chose to leave the partnership somewhat abruptly. Thai (actually Asian) companies are rather world renown for abusing their western partners

TH

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Pattaya Chang draft is slowly being installed in many places which used to have Carlesberg using the same coolers, heads, etc. with a Chang decals replacing the Carlesberg decals. It tastes exactly the same, and I understand Chang used to brew Carlesberg draft. The only difference is that it is a bit cheaper, and some bars are selling it for less that Carlesberg draft. Bottles, for some reason, still seem to be available in some places.

I noticed Singha Gold is disappearing, supposedly because Carlesberg had been brewing it. Sounds strange, but seem to be true.

• 1 month later...

just a update: in the large Suan Lum beergarden they have replaced Carlsberg by Chang; the signs and the printing on the pitchers show still Carlsberg, but they serve Chang. beside that they sell different german beers in bottles.

there is also only the large beergarden left; the 2 smaller ones are gone.

Mentors, interesting coment about Heiniken, we have been marketed to death about how it is a premier euro brand in Aus.

My mate from belgium came here to tell me he never drinks heniken, uts considered a cheap beer back hme

To me, I love Chang, cheap and does the job,

JB

Euhhh ????

Wasnt me, but agree fully that Heineken is plain cat piss, but has brilliant marketing..... :dunno:

GF arrived here last year, first time we went out she ordered Heineken ( he ! cant blame her - she did not know better then ) but I intervened and ordered her a local brew....

She never looked back since she had a taste of Palm, Kriek, Duvel and Hoegaarden. :p

BB

Archived