EURO 2004

Zaad

To be fair, Vassell looked pretty darn good when he came on!

Lots to be happy about even though we limited our own horizons too much. For instance, I was surprised at how easily Rooney roasted Thuram and Silvestre for pace. The legendary French defence...

Becks didn't look confident with the pen and I also feared the worst with that free-kick. Sub-standard positioning and effort from James. It wasn't that well struck. But we England fans have seen that sort of thing before from our goalies facing free-kicks in important matches so we had a weary resignation about it. What no one foresaw was Gerrard giving the worst pass of his career a minute later!

It's already being compared to the ManU-Bayern Munich European Cup final of 1999 but there's a huge difference. One was the final with no chance of redemption. This was the first round group match with another opportunity.

Still, assuming we pick ourselves up to win the next two games, it probably leaves us facing a very tough game against a formidable-looking Spanish side (instead of the crumbling Portuguese - sorry, Zaad - or the limited Greeks).

A squad that could find no place for Reyes of Arsenal - Shit!

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

:doah:

Torneyboy has a bad Day and slips down the table.....

not a surprise France winning,just a bit shocked at the manner of the win.

bring on the Swiss and after that we can take the piss out of Mentors...... :neener:

Statistic after first round:

France = 3 points

Croatia = 1 point

Swiss = 1 point

Hooligans = 0 point

:beer:

You're not as good as you thought you were and we aren't as bad.

-------------------

maybe as YOU (or the intern media) thought we were. i have not read anything boastful either in the french media or from the players that was immodest. A certain 2002 world cup has reminded everyone here that you have to play a match before you can hope to win it.

zaad, i am mad, when i wrote you my predictions, i changed a few results (like Swiss croatia from 00 to 01), and i would be on top if i did not :banghead:.....

I hate games! :cussing:

sayjann said:

early days Mentors.

your Team has to Play the 2 Teams going through to the next round in the next Week.......

what will the Swiss do after they are knocked out?,go home or stay for a holiday?......... :neener:

We are in holidays - NOW, c'mon England is just a holiday training partner for us :clown:

Bibblies,

I agree that the Portguese side wasn't exactly what we all thought it would be, but I'm confident they'll pick up their form soon enough.

The Portguese are known to fail under pressure, so I can tell you it wasn't a complete shock for me. Let's hope the pressure and expectations are off so they can enjoy the game a bit more and fuck their opponents :)

Archived