EURO 2004

Zaad

French attack is still worryingly unefective though, and sorry abt what I said abt u Barthez, we owe you. But why on earth do u need to show off and stop the shots with ur nose?.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any reply in the world that isn't claimed as "personal" to you?:dunno: Am I hurting your feelings again?

Frenchmen - an English 18 year-old chimp ran through your much vaunted defence at will tonight. In the final, we'll let him take the penalties. ::

first, let me say this....:

:bow::beer::hug::up::applause::bow::beer::hug::up::grinyes::beer::hug::beer::hug:

YOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALLONS ENFANTS DE LA PATRI-I-E...................

then,

BB:

oh and Beckam missed a penalty.

----------------------

Uh, more like: Barthez blocked a penalty!

Bibblies blew my analysis away. As I often wondered during the match if we were indeed playing against Italy. I mean, where was the usual Brits Fighting Spirit?

Let's face it, the most british of the teams tonight was not the english. Only the Brits used to never give up like this before, even with 45 seconds left to play........

One for the books, and yet one more undying memory for french football.....

YOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

We still have a bit of an inferiority complex, as you see, listening too hard to people who say we should play the continental way. Hence, the "Italy" approach, employed lately against you, Turkey, Argentina and even Italy(!) once.

As John Jensen, the old Denmark and Arsenal midfielder said a long time ago, "I don't know why England just don't play all-out, like their clubs do."

Rooney, Cole and King played with the true spirit of youth. Rooney was the best player on the field until he came off and scared the life out of you. Just think - you hardly saw any of England's attacking game but we've seen most of France's because they were obliged to attack from an early stage. Overall conclusion: You're not as good as you thought you were and we aren't as bad.

We're going to take something from that.

bibblies said:

Rooney was the best player on the field until he came off and scared the life out of you. Just think - you hardly saw any of England's attacking game but we've seen most of France's because they were obliged to attack from an early stage. Overall conclusion: You're not as good as you thought you were and we aren't as bad.

We're going to take something from that.

Agreed. Cheer up chaps, you still have a good chance of advancing.

Why was Heskey brought on, or why is he even in the squad? Rooney had the French defence well scared (and not just because of his looks).

Whatever mud Hesky's got on Sven, it must be something special!

League table after matchday 2:

Gambler____________points

1. Fly Papillon_________13p

2. Check_bin_krap_____11p

2. Sayjann ___________11p

4. Belgianboy_________10p

4. Peckieboy__________10p

4. Zaad______________10p

7. Man at Work ________8p

7. Roppongi___________8p

9. Fiery Jack __________7p

9. Lisbonboy __________7p

11. Limbo_____________6p

11. Pattaya127 ________6p

11. Racha_____________6p

11. Torneyboy_________6p

15. Bhat_Man__________5p

16. Chelseafan_________4p

16. Kman _____________4p

16. Pom Michael________4p

:beer:

As for the game...Beckham had a fantastic opportunity to lock the game but was prevented by Barthez' good save.

Incredible that France came back winning the game. Great equalizer from Zidane and Henry deserves credit for winning that penalty.

I was surprised with Eriksson's subs...Vassell and Heskey??? Jezus, what a load of crap is that? If you don't have better than I say keep those on the field exactly where they are.

Heskey??? :dunno:

Archived