EURO 2004

Zaad

Welcome Lisbonboy, Fiery Jack and Pom Michael :)

Thanks for joining and I also wish you guys the best of luck in this competition.

BTW

My humble apologies for the late update. Been busy (still am) but hopefully able now to update on a shorter notice.

So far:

Prize

1-year membership to the NANA pay site

(if long-term member money worth membership will be donated instead)

Score calculation:

Correct result: 6 points

Correct prediction (i.e. getting the result right but not the score): 3 points

Correct goals scored for a team: 1 point

Example:

If one predicts 2-0, and the actual result is 2-0 then 6 points are scored (this is the maximum score one is able to get per game). If the result is 3-2, then 3 points are collected (for predicting the correct winner). If the result is 3-0, one will get 4 points (correct winner + correct goals for one team).

If the result is 2-3, then only 1 point will be received (correct amount of goals scored for one team).

If the result is 1-1 then obviously no points are earned for this predicted game.

The prize and score calculations as stated above will come into effect if nobody objects or has anything to add before the start of the first game and deadline (12 June).

After the 1st.-round matches I will post the 2nd. round, QF, SF and final match here in this thread. I recommend you to follow this thread closely during Euro '04 in order to send next round's predictions on time and so not to lose valuable points.

Gamblers

1. Zaad

2. Sayjann(?)

3. Chelseafan

4. Limbo

5. BelgianBoy

6. Bhat_Man

7. Peckieboy

8. Roppongi

9. Kman

10. Man at Work

11. Torneyboy

12. Racha

13. Lisbonboy

14. Fiery Jack

15. Pattaya127 (no predictions received yet)

16. Pom Michael (no predictions received yet)

I recommend all of you to check your own predictions and scores as it may happen that a miscalculation on my part occurs. Kindly send me a PM and we'll then sort it out asap.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Zaad,

If you, or anyone else, is interested I have a pretty good spreadsheet which when you put in the scores it updates the tables etc. It also lists the schedule for the games but I believe the times are UK times. So if you are interested PM me - with your e-mail address, or send an e-mail to peckieboy@btinternet.com (mods please delete my e-mail address if it is against the board rules to post).

Good luck to everyone in the competition.

Regards

Peckieboy

well well Limbo,what happened tonight?.

watched the Holland/ROI Match and Holland were so poor.

Kluivert was hauled off at HT after a very poor performance.

he had better buck his ideas up as i have him in some of my Fantasy Teams.

Kluivert and RVN cannot play together on this Games performance.

but playing RVN as a Right Winger is not a good ploy.

the Irish played well and a cracking Goal by Keane.

at times some desparate defending by the Irish but they managed to keep the ball out of the net.

but Holland looked out of sorts.

the Beckham issue?.

he has an injury and needs an injection to sort it out.

so they decide to play him for 45 Mins and then give him the injection?.

why not rest him and sort out his injury problems?.

Scholes missed a dificult chance early on,but apart from that he had a great game and showed why he HAS to be in the Team.

Sayjann,

The attack has been this manager (Advocaat) biggest problem.

Kluivert and RvN don't have the magic together and Advocaat keeps trying it time after time. Whenever he breaks with this duo, goals are produced.

I would swap Kluivert out of your team.

Would love to read the Dutch press cause everytime we participate in a Championship Holland produces 16 million coaches.

Welcome Flypapillon!

He has joined the forces and I wish him the best of luck :up:

Gamblers

1. Zaad

2. Sayjann

3. Chelseafan

4. Limbo

5. BelgianBoy

6. Bhat_Man

7. Peckieboy

8. Roppongi

9. Kman

10. Man at Work

11. Torneyboy

12. Racha

13. Lisbonboy

14. Fiery Jack

15. Flypapillon

16. Pattaya127 (no predictions received yet)

17. Pom Michael (no predictions received yet)

Less than a week before kick off now, P127 and PM don't forget to send in your predictions before 12 June.

And still welcoming more gamblers.

Sayjann,

I'd like to keep your predictions and score for the first round and see how well you do in this competition. If you refuse to send in the predictions of next round's matches that's your choice.

If you want me to remove you from the above participants list please let me know and I'll comply.

CHEERS

:beer:

Archived