Hack E Mail

tonychang

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM ......... that is NOT hacking. It is simply a keylogger.

Might accomplish the goal if you have access to the computer a person is using, but it still ain't a hack. :bow:

(guess you could install a spycam and do the same, but you ain't no computer guru on that account either.)

Still waiting for someone to say they can "hack" KS email :neener:

Did a bit of research a while back, for a friend...

A lot of the ideas being sold on the internet (for around $100US) is - for hotmail users - to click on "forgotten password" option. You are then faced with a question the user has invented. According to the websites, this question is quite easy to answer, if you know the person. Especially BG's - the question may well be, Where do you come from? Answ. Thailand. Easy.

Again, this is probably not considered "hacking" from a IT point of view, but it gained access to a few email accounts. Downside was - before you get in to the email account, you need to reset the passowrd. Could be a bad thing.

They seemed to mention backdoors into accounts or some such, probably right not hacking, I just used that word from a junkmail ad. Once got woken up by a BG who let herself into my house to ask for her BF's e mail address. I had to access the net to get address from my hotmail acc and she asked me to send mail for her, her password was 12345678 and she laughed when she told me, knew it was stupid but probably didnt know how to change it. Saw her a month later and she said she'd changed it because someone else was looking at it :rolleyes: :hubba:

I think the point of the original post was whether or not it is possible to get someone's email password, and not the issue of hacking as such. Keystroke loggers can do this and they can be used remotely. There are many! Network sniffers - though admittedly you need access to their computer. Various trojan like programes do it. Fake front websites....

Sophisticated or learned computer users might not fall for it but most others will...and DO!

Stick

PS FYI, the going rate online is $US 100 for someone's password, and it is only payable if the person acquiring it is successful.

Hi,

Sorry Stick, but you claimed that it is easy to hack into an email account. It is not.

And these -> "Fake front websites...." can easily be traced and can have you end up in prison.

What it comes down to is that those guys claiming to 'hack' into email accounts had access to the computer. They did NOT hack the email accounts.

I also stand by the fact that it is not easy to get someone's email password. Not without access to the machine. And seeing that you have not gotten into my account yet, I guess it isn't as easy as you claim :)

Sanuk!

Quote:

"I also stand by the fact that it is not easy to get someone's email password. Not without access to the machine."

This is not true. Back in the early 80's, during the cold war, much concern was directed toward building computers so that others could not, in anyway, know what you were doing. These computers were called harden computers. They were completely shielded. I do not think many were built.

It was common knowledge back then and was relatively easy to do and that was to sit outside a business in a van and be able to pick up everything the person was typing into the computer, which obviously included passwords. I worked at several places where we would test computers and other equipment to see how much they were really radiating out to the outside world. The more that was radiated out, the easier to pickup and decode what the person was doing.

Surprising, one of the areas where a lot leaked out of was always around the power switch.

Speaking of sitting outside in a van, another old technique was to analyze the emissions from monitors in this way. This method allowed recreation what your monitor had on it from pretty far distances. But this was only practical with conventional monitors and did not with LCD monitors. This was back in the text screen days and I don't know how effective it would be on high res graphics modes.

Nowadays just being connected to the internet opens all types of different ways in based on if you are dialup, broadband, or wifi. Think you are safe behind a firewall? There was a new virus last week that was able to defeat the blackice firewall without you having to open any attachments. It was a pretty bad one too that corrupted the boot drive.

Archived