20,000 baht a month...

chuckwoww

Zaad, JJ,

you guys are doing a P127/FlyW thing on us :), and you know how boardmembers hate this type of ping pong game :(.

As far as the responses came to my avowal of understanding a Pattaya girl to have sex within 7 or 8 months of her being alone, JJ is right. The impression given was that you were, on the other side, judgemental of the RT, and probably of the 2 parties.

See Oran posts. they make a point, open the discussion, kindly engage to state one's facts better, and are never righteous.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that is correct. I don't like "knowing" for a fact that my GF is sleeping with another guy. I take great pains to insure that a GF will not find out about my misdeeds and I would expect the same consideration.

Thanks for the satisfying and clear answer. I thought so, I just needed your conformation to understand you a little better.

That was not so hard now, was it? :)

Seriously, there's no right or wrong in this case. Your life and your given right.

Call me hypocritical selfish or whatever but you want but that is the way I choose to handle my affairs.

Who are we to judge you?

We all may have our personal opinions about certain boardmembers according to what one writes, but those are better kept inside as they're not only private but also damn useless on this board.

soongmak said:

And since you both don't adhere to the conventional definition of love, it's only natural that we want to know what makes a loving relationship in your opinion and where you draw the line (meaning, what you are willing to do for another and what not).

I don't pre-draw lines and follow others conventions in regards to relationships. Everything for me in matters of love are situational. Maybe that is why I laugh at these silly definitions of what defines acts of love and statements of if you do such and such then you can't possibly be in love or committed. Here was an extreme case for me. I was once in love and physically intimate with a woman fully aware she was HIV positive I even paid all of her medical care until she ended the relationship for her own reasons-and she wasn't even my wife. So in other words I put my own health and life as well as finacial resources at risk for love. Maybe I was too young at the time to care and I don't know if I would ever replicate what I did. So I really don't understand this riduculous notion you are iterating about conventions and limits and wilingness to do for others. Sorry Soongmak but I don't prescribe to some story book or societal convention of love and commitment. I wonder how many married or committed guys would stay with an HIV infected woman? Is what I did based on love? Only I can accurately judge that, not some conventional definition.

pattaya127 said:

The greatest expression of love, would be your g/f needing a heart transplant, and you stepping up to be a donor.

--------------------------------

Oh, good...GOOD ::! Now you gave Soongmak another idea how best to show his undying commitment to his (soon) new thai family! :grinyes: :grinyes: :grinyes:

Please spare me! :o

So I really don't understand this riduculous notion you are iterating about conventions and limits and wilingness to do for others.

JJ,

There's nothing ridiculous about conventions. I already said that it is fine by me that they don't apply to you. The fact that they do apply to me is in no way sillier than you breaking them.

About limits, everybody has theirs and they apply to you too. You seem to get a kick out of the fact that you're entirely flexible yet you made it clear on more than one occasion that monogamy is something you never managed. So there are limits out there for you as well, and not only situational.

Cheers,

soongmak

-----------

I personally don't send money for a girl to hang out or relax waiting for my return. To me that is a waste of funds. When I sponsor a chick, the money has a purpose for some sort of educational or business self improvement. I "expect" the woman to improve her life in some capacity. My satisfaction is derived from the knowledge that I directly helped to improve in some capacity another persons life.

------------

Well JJ, we-re definitely in agreement on this one.

Interesting discussion though, all these different opinions about love, acceptance levels.

I regard LT relationships as an equal partnership. For that reason I do not engage in activities that I would not want my equal partner to engage in. It's one of the reasons I do not participate in P4P.

Oran,

same as JJ, i have no idea how much. Up to the guy according to his means and situations.

About equal partnership, in general, I do not see it in thai/farang RT. What the man does for the woman is not exactly the same she does for him. There is often an arrangement that puts the RT in question when its terms are revised downwards.

Not always the case, especially when the people are married and kids draw the same attention from both. But a RT where a poorer person meets a better off farang, there is a bottom line we all subscribe too.

May make all things equal, after all. No negative connotations in what i said, butI read what you said (equal partnership) in the western sense we give to it, at least the baby boom generation.

By equal partnership I do not mean equal financial contribution. I'm more talking abour equal respect, freedom, responsibility, trust etc.

The financial responsibilities in a RT relate to the income level of the individual not the RT itself.

We disagree then.

i think, in the case (poor/farang) I stated, the financial responsibility is an integral part of the RT.

In many ways, this is also how the girl knows herself how much you care for her, as much as the other shows/proofs of affection, if not more.

It may very well be how she first knew the guy is serious, again over all other budding signs of love. Possibly all the signs of nascent affection are each re-inforced by the contribution to her livelihood and education.

Money talks, if i wished to be abrupt.

pattaya127 said:

What the man does for the woman is not exactly the same she does for him. There is often an arrangement that puts the RT in question when its terms are revised downwards.

..... But a RT where a poorer person meets a better off farang, there is a bottom line we all subscribe too.

Hi p127,

Care to expand on this? I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Khwai

Archived