Few oral hygiene questions

Zaad

He has even commented that if one were to be sent to a deserted island one should bring floss instead of a toothbrush. Kind of a bizarre way of making a point..

Hi JJ,

I do not doubt this man. I'm sure he's a very skillful and knowledgeable dentist. But the above sure is a funny way to explain oneself.

Fact is that flossing is more effective, which means that it cleans more (higher quantity - there's simply more food between teeth than on its surface) but I see no reason to choose only one option from two different ones.

Flossing only will not save your teeth on that island, it's just a matter of extending its death. :)

Same like choosing drink over food. You can choose 'drink' over 'food' for a somewhat longer life but you very much need both to stay 100% healthy..and alive. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Z-

I seem to recall in some old thread about the clinic eventually going from mom to wife. Has this happened now? Is she still army?

You were talking about a significant increase in wife's salary, perhaps more than yours when it happened. Hoping that some of us help fund your new lifestyle? :)

I seem to recall in some old thread about the clinic eventually going from mom to wife. Has this happened now? Is she still army?

You remember well :)

Yep, she's still in the army and is waiting for her transference to BKK. Eventually she'll take over her mom's clinic, as for now maybe only part-time after her regular job.

Fact is that her mom doesn't want farang patients. Afraid of communicating to them..us..(not me) you know, old-fashioned Thais and their fear for us whities :)

So as soon as my wife starts working there, I'll put a banner here and farangs will be warm-welcomed.

Hoping that some of us help fund your new lifestyle?

haha exactly. Yep, she will probably earn more than me, but hey, doesn't bother me, I might even get myself an extra job as her dental assistant slash bodyguard :D

Archived