Few oral hygiene questions

Zaad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi togaduke,

That depends on the hospital/private clinic and the tooth of course. Exclusive restauration it may vary between 800/1000 THB to 1500/2000 THB (for a molar tooth). One canal is around 1.000 THB.

Restauration will probably be another 2.000/2.500.

Government hospitals may ask about 5.000 THB for the whole package, clinics however are more expensive.

I am just concerned about how clean, they would be..

Nothing to worry about the hygiene here.

>>>>9. Still nearly a quarter of these tough beerdrinking farangs are afraid of a cute little Thai dentist?????? No further comment! <<<<

dentists are born sadists and torturers. they are scary people.

:eek:

>>>Who the hell would even consider brushing it? Strange folks here! <<<

i actually have a special scraping tool for the tongue - it's amazing what all grows on ones tongue.

>>>4. Two third does not floss? That's SICK! Really, that's even more important than the brushing itself. <<<

you asked about every day. i'm too lazy for that, so i said no. i floss about twice a week.

Hmm - I thought flossing was important!

OK - I bought some string the other day for wrapping some christmas presents, I;ll use that!

I was taught to scrape the tounge by Chinese! Very common custom, and reallt good after a big night out!

One time I had to scrape something I had picked up in Thermae of it! Then it asked for 500 baht taxi money!

JB

dentists are born sadists and torturers. they are scary people.

Actually, the above does hold some truth...at times :)

you asked about every day. i'm too lazy for that, so i said no. i floss about twice a week.

Yep, I asked 'every day' because it really is effective when done everyday.

Fly, obviously twice a week is better done none at all, but I recommend you to use it more often if you do see the evidence (half decomposed veggies, chilly etc) flying out of your mouth.

On the other hand, you haven't had dental problems for over 10 years, so you're doing something right me thinks. ::

I was taught to scrape the tounge by Chinese! Very common custom..

Hmm, perhaps your post should be moved to the 'Arts & Culture' section?:neener:

Hmm - I thought flossing was important!

It sure is JB.

The fact that Fly is too lazy to floss his denture daily won't change a single bit about the importance of this activity...luckily. :)

I don't see you mentioning an electric tooth brush. I am using one myself now and am amazed at the difference.

Hi Soongmak,

With all due respect, it might have everything to do with your 'manual' brush-technique which was nothing to write home about. :) Hence the difference.

As for your question, no, she doesn't use an electric toothbrush. There's no need for it if one knows how to brush properly.

People who claim that electric toothbrushes are better are really talking about stuff they have no knowledge about.

It's all in the wrist. :)

Hi Zaad,

Knowing how to brush and executing that technique perfectly are off course two different things. I believe I SUCK at brushing, hence the electric toothbrush. I suspect many other people suck as well. Than an electric toothbrush may come in handy.

People who claim that electric toothbrushes are better are really talking about stuff they have no knowledge about.

Off course this is open to debate. There has been research that indicates otherwise for rotating oscillating electric toothbrushes (sorry, for dutch readers only):

tandenborstels!

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived