Few oral hygiene questions

Zaad

Gentlemen,

My girl (a dentist) has been involved in a few researches the last few days and was wondering how much you guys keep up with your oral hygiene.

Just a few questions I'd like to see answered if you have the time, thank you. :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

INteresting, I only go to dentists when I need too. Had very bad experience with dentists when I was young (To give you an idea of how bad, I always refused the needle, just drill away, but one time . . . )

You wife gave me some good advice re the baby and milk, so interested to see the results here.

Even my toothbrush wants to leave me, its more a collection of old hairs attached to rotting plastic! ITS A WORK OF ART SOOO

You wife gave me some good advice re the baby and milk, so interested to see the results here.

Anytime, free of charge. :)

Even my toothbrush wants to leave me, its more a collection of old hairs attached to rotting plastic!

555 this will give her a heart-attack! Better not let her read the above. :)

I've got this unreasonable fear of dentists.

No idea why, like some people are scared of spiders, I'm afraid of dentists. I'll go when I need to, but it's very much on sufferance.

I sort of feel sorry for dentists in this respect - they must get a hell of a lot of this kind of thing. Wonder if it ever gets them down?

Maybe more gorgeous girls in reception and as assistants would help...

:devil::beer::devil:

Hi Dvarpala,

When my girl opens her clinic in BKK you'll be more than welcome to pay us a visit. I'll make sure I'm there to welcome you personally, drink a few beers together to make you feel relaxed...before the injections and drills start spraying some serious blood around the office :D

Hey, don't worry mate, maybe you need to get to know and trust your dentist a bit better to overcome your fear.

And no, patients who fear dentists won't get them down...young disobedient kids will. :banghead:

i am a paranoia patient of the worst sort - i need heavy tranquilizers before getting in the chair.

fortunately though i have excellent teeth - i have never had toothache in my life, only two or three fillings, the last more than ten years ago.

That was a great help in overcoming my dental phobia...

:) Glad I could help.

A few words from the wise one..(that's my girl, not me) :)

1. A third of the guys here refuse to brush at least twice a day. That's very worrisome, but...great for business :D Keep it up! But is that pure laziness, neglect or what???????

2. The majority seems to know and use the correct technique. That's a very big surprise for my girl. Hard to believe...she actually questions this figure. :)

3. Almost half of us seem to brush the tongue. That's odd, I thought it was a typical dentist thing. Who the hell would even consider brushing it? Strange folks here!

4. Two third does not floss? That's SICK! Really, that's even more important than the brushing itself. Even I , Zaad, hated it before knowing how effective and hygenic this flossing really is.

While shaking her head in disbelief she recommends all of you lazy asses to swallow your pride for a small moment and floss the hell out of those dentures. ::

5. The majority doesn't feel the need to use mouthwash. Well, that's not really a big problem. Although it is recommendable, helps killing bacteria and recovering small wounds in the mouth etc. is not of great necessity. FLOSSING IS!

6. More than half of us don't use toothpicks. And that's good news, because toothpicks suck. Really, it's better to leave those miniature chopsticks on the table. They can cause bigger spacing between the teeth and can easily cause or worsen wounds. Flossing should be your choice!

7. Most of us also use a brush for over 2 months. She says as long as you know how to brush (with a quality brush) it's OK. Even 6 months if you brush properly is possible.

8. Most of us do not only go to see a dentist in the case of an ache or pain, but also for check-ups. That's positive, keeps the possibility of having major oral problems on a lower level.

9. Still nearly a quarter of these tough beerdrinking farangs are afraid of a cute little Thai dentist?????? No further comment! :)

She thanks all of you for taking the time to vote and goodluck with the oral activities. ::

CHEERS!

Archived