Few oral hygiene questions

Zaad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>On the other hand, you haven't had dental problems for over 10 years, so you're doing something right me thinks.<<<

my only dental problems are when i go to get them cleaned - needs massive amounts of tranquilisers. i am a dentist's nightmare - until the trancs kicked in i scream at everybody. that's why i go to the dental hospital, it's fucking expensive, and part of what i pay is for them tolerating my bad behavior there. ::

i guess what i did right was that when i was a kid my mum insisted on fluoride tablets. i have never had toothache in my life.

People who claim that electric toothbrushes are better are really talking about stuff they have no knowledge about.

Off course this is open to debate.....

And my dentist, who I gather is rather highly regarded in his profession, also recommends an electric toothbrush with the priviso that the size of the brush head is small.

Thanks for the link, SM. Interesting read.

If these rotating oscillating electric toothbrushes get even more effective and for a reasonable price then they may very well replace the manual activity. Perhaps not so soon ...actually, hope not as that would lessen possible income for dentists :)

Don't think many Thais will purchase one of those top notch thingies anyway.

i scream at everybody

555 I wish I could see that myself one of these days...hey, you know what, I hereby invite you as our very first customer (patient) when our renovated clinic opens. Quite an honor, no? :)

i guess what i did right was that when i was a kid my mum insisted on fluoride tablets. i have never had toothache in my life.

Not necessarily, Fly.

Such tablets *may* indeed help those who're in need of a little extra, but please beware that wrong usage (overdose) can cause the opposite effect.

Have a look a this link

OK - I do suck at brushing, dont do ti the right way, so would a electric be better?

Hi JB,

In that case, yes, an electric brush would help if you can't brush correctly for some reason.

However you still need to watch your force. This WILL cause sensitive (swollen) gum if you brush too hard, be it with a normal or an electric brush.

>>>I hereby invite you as our very first customer (patient) when our renovated clinic opens. Quite an honor, no? <<<

no problem.

but your wife might end up hating me. i am at my worst behaviorwise before the trancs kick in (and tell her - i really need strong stuff - domicum is what i usually get).

and while under the influence i usually do funny stuff. my missus (who is always requested to come along to hold my hand and to bring me home safely) always has some stories to tell... ::

but afterwards i am really friendly and polite. :drunk:

I brushed manually until a couple of years ago. I have good teeth, with few cavities over my 40 years (when I visit the dentist always tells me I am bad for business...go eat some candy ). I started using a sonicare brush, and had a regular cleaning/checkup about 1 month later. Despite always telling me how good my teeth were, the hygentist couldn't believe how much cleaner they were! Once of the biggest things I noticed using the sonicare was how little time I actually spent brushing before I had an electric brush with an automatic timer! Two minutes is a long time!

Archived