Few oral hygiene questions

Zaad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(and tell her - i really need strong stuff - domicum is what i usually get).

GEEZ, Fly. She's not sure if there's anything stronger than that available in Thailand. You must be a real serious (sad) case. :D

Nitrous oxide might be a nice alternative. Perhaps only available in the bigger hospitals in Thailand, IF used at all that is.

I think you know what I'm talking about, also called "laughing gas". Has a sweet smell and is used in combination with other gasses as an anaesthetic in dentistry (and surgery). Will knock you out to a semi-conscious state...or should I say semi-unconscious? :)

If none of the above works for you then I'll simply get the old dentist chair out of the closet. Usually used for extreme cases (like you) with belts and all that to tie the blind-folded patient's limbs. An antique but very reliable chair :up:

>>>GEEZ, Fly. She's not sure if there's anything stronger than that available in Thailand. You must be a real serious (sad) case. <<<

i am.

funny part is that when one session was a bit long i walked out in the middle and had a cigarette break. they could not believe that i was still able to walk. ::

Hi

just found this thread.

We are both having some work done next week in BKK...wife was told AUD397 for what she wants done..."""no way ..only 10 in BKK"".

so has talked me into a visit as well.....hope they use a needle over there...i hate that damn drill.... ::

I brush once a day and floss twice a day, I use chewing gum throughout the day. My dentist told me that brushing 2x a day was unneccessary and causes undue wear on the tooth enamel. He would prefer it if people flossed rather than brushed.

To this day I don't have any cavitites, gum diseaes, halatosis or any dental work outside of teeth cleaning and tooth whitening. Oh yeah and all of my teeth are my originals that I was born with. I love going to the dentist.

My dentist told me that brushing 2x a day was unneccessary and causes undue wear on the tooth enamel.

Brushing once a day may indeed be enough IF one flosses twice a day as well (as you do).

He would prefer it if people flossed rather than brushed.

I find it hard to believe that such words came from a dentist's mouth. But I believe you. :)

Flossing and brushing are two 'completely' different activities. Flossing IS more effective but this doesn't mean that brushing may be neglected. Not at all. Flossing cleans the space between the teeth, where one tooth connects to another, whereas brushing cleans the surface of every tooth where often 'nasty little caves' are to be found often and easily filled with food(to keep it in simple English) :)

So again, flossing is more effective, but both (different) activities are very much needed to keep your teeth in tiptop shape.

Hi IB13,

Thanks, you're more than welcome when it's renovated, but that's going to be way past April. I'll probably put a banner here on this site, if KS has no objections, as soon as my girl is mentally prepared to have a look at the farang dentures of this board. :)

Zaad said:

I find it hard to believe that such words came from a dentist's mouth. But I believe you. :)

I have alot of faith in my dentist, has practiced for more tha 20 years, he has lectured at UCLA(a state university in California), is a research scientist and he is currently doing research on the benefits of dental plaque(something to the effect that it is not as harmful as people think and is really a protective coating, his thesis was lost on me as I don't have an interest in such matters). He has even commented that if one were to be sent to a deserted island one should bring floss instead of a toothbrush. Kind of a bizarre way of making a point, after all on a deserted island I would be concerned more about getting my fix of poontang rather than my teeth.

jjsushi said:
Zaad said:

<snip> He has even commented that if one were to be sent to a deserted island one should bring floss instead of a toothbrush. Kind of a bizarre way of making a point, after all on a deserted island I would be concerned more about getting my fix of poontang rather than my teeth.

The floss is so you can hang yourself.

Archived