Pattaya Restaurants

Fatbastard

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From My recent experiences I have come to the conclusion MOST Pattaya restaurants are crap, they are either run by a westerner with limited or no Food service experience who sees it as his ticket to "stay" or by Thai's who see it as a it as "Rip em off once deal" and not interested in any repeat business. I suppose in that respect its not much different to any tourist destination. Apart from the Bao steak house, I have not found one establishment I would give a second chance to.

There MUST be something there thats worth a second visit.

The restaurant opposite Tops supermarket is superb....it is more Chinese than Thai but the seafood is superb and the prices are mid range... you can eat inside with ac or outside...

only discovered it this trip after walking past it a zillion times over the years

Loads worth a second visit. Most stalls good enough for me to eat at each night after closing. Then again, I just eat cheap thai food most of the time, the odd trip out to Vientiane or MK. Sometimes to eat fish or to my girl's cousin's japanese place. Occassional roast dinner on a Sunday in a friend's restaurant.

A bowl of noodles / soup for lunch / brunch is how I usually start the day followed by some fruit.

I know I love asian food, even when I am in the west, but I too fail to understand why people want to eat food from "back home" when "back home" good Thai food is quite expensive.

I do occasionally support a friend's restaurant with the odd sunday roast though.

I've even seen some guys surviving mainly on pizza !

Not so cheap but Matahari on 2nd road to the right of Soi 8 entrance, has the magnificent food you know

For farang food, New Orleans Cafe on Soi Pattayaland is one of the best. Their all you can eat ribs buffet on Sat and Sun is superb.

Archived