Pattaya Restaurants

Fatbastard

Though it has a small thai menu, Mata Hari is mainly european fare. yep, this is my all favourite restaurant in Pattaya, absolutely great food, service, deserts, at afraction of the rpice these things would cost back home. 3 course dining with one or 2 beer, count around 1000. a real bargain. But i would not go there for thai food, really.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello FB,

We've only been here since mid/late February ... I agree, good places, especially with A/C (which I prefer), are not

easy to find ... at a decent price.

I know you've got wheels, so, if you want to head out to Sukhumvit, there's a couple of very good Thai restaurants

... names in Thai, so I can't say! ... one, very cheap compared to beach prices, where you & the little one can feed fish ... tons of 'em! ... some lunkers! ... for only 5 Bt. ... good Isaan food very cheap; but, no A/C, only fans.

... then, just up the street, there is a small, intimate place (A/C room inside!) that has excellent Thai food, still modestly

priced. ... when in area, call mobile (send pm if number lost)

... we'd love to meet up again (especially over a family meal & brew).

... we dropped by the shop a couple of times before we left BKK ... you & family were in Oz. ... ? "Lucky Bastard" ... I know I'm fatter than you!

FB,

Not sure if this place is still open but in the past this was my favorite place.

Casa Pascal - Fine Dining

485/4 Moo 10, Pattaya Second Road

Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260

Tel: 038 / 723-660

Fax: 038 / 723-659

Basically about 200 meters before the Vientiane place, same side. Almost directly opposite of the Royal Garden Marriott on 2nd road.

Guess what? Using modern technology I called and the place is still open - although they don't have the Sunday brunch anymore until the fall. That was a great deal.

You can also pay good money for good food at Bruno's and the two places inside the Royal Wing at Royal Cliff.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot guys, very helpful, maybe my next dining experience with be better than the last few.

BTW Pete, don't usually take the little un's to Pattaya, thats for quality time with Mia Noi.

Took her to Spicy girls GoGO, it was the first time she had been to one, she couldn't believe it! What a bunch of barkers on stage. Will try your recommendation in Jonters next time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

You might also consider the Art Cafe, which serves a Mediterrean cuisine and is located at the end of Soi-16, off of Naklua road. It ain't cheap, but the food and atmosphere are excellent. I had a fine dining experience there.

Also, the have a website: http://www.artcafe-thailand.com/

Frankly, I seldom eat at the upscale (expensive) places, as I often cook at home or go to certain Thai foodstands or the Sea-SideII (next to Tiger Golf), on Soi Chaiyapoo (sp?) for cheap, but palatable, farang food.

Ok, An answer to my own question, for Italian try the newish restaurant almost next door to Electric Blue, not Cia a little further down.

Ristorante Italian was pretty good. The food was good and was only let down by the fact that the waiting staff are half asleep.

I had ordered the food and some wine and normally enjoy nibbling bread and drinking the wine whilst I wait for the food only my waitress forgot the bread. I saw the supervisor nudge her and point about 10 minutes later and she shrugged and dropped, literally, some bread in a basket and plonked it on my table. At this point my meal also arrived. I then had to ask for some pepper and she banged the pepper pot on my table and went back to chatting with her friend.

Enjoyed my meal and left making sure not to leave a tip which brought a surprised look from her.

I would recommend this restaurant as someone has done a good job of setting it up and the food was good only let down by waiting staff that prefer to chat than wait.

Whilst I am on the subject of Italian places have also tried Cia and thought it very average and a my meal looked and tasted as though it were some sort of catering supply that was simply heated up. I base this on two meals there and would not bother going again.

Have also tried the small Italian on Soi Post Office which is not bad, although I have to say my meal was quite salty but my friend said his was better.

Cheers,

SD.

Archived