Pattaya Restaurants

Fatbastard

Sorry to be so negative with every post on this subject BUT I tried the new orleans (ordered Mousaka) just terrible. Maybe the wrong choice for that place but it was on the menu. I tried another place in soi 6. English type pub thing, woeful overpriced food, I dunno, maybe its me but now I just drive up the coast a bit (either side of Rayong) and find great restaurants. I'm really not that hard to please food wise. I spend quite a loy of time in Issarn and find most places better than OK, I have no gripes with any restaurants in BKK but Pattaya, it baffles me !!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the info in this tread I decided to try the PIC Kitchen on Soi 5. I didn't care for it. Besides being overpriced, the food is much better at Somsak's on Soi 1.

Alfmaz,

I'snt that Nang Nual, where the wait-help wear sailor outfits. Ate there with my Superbaby go-go girl this past November. Good sea food and the N.Y. steak was pretty good also, but it's rather pricey.

Chok dee,

HOKS

• 3 weeks later...

::Just do not know why people want to eat western food when your in Thailand, with all the great Thai food and so cheep, I tend to eat where the Thai people eat in Bangkok and in Pattaya I found some nice places where Thai people eat, but I do admit I need a good steak or a roast dinner once every three weeks pricey or not as long as it is good :: ::

When I was in Pattaya in Sep, I was surprised by the low price (250 baths) of the diner-buffet of the Starz Diner restaurant in the Hard Rock Hotel : lot of Thai food, various soups and asian food (good Singapore-style crabs), plus some western dishes.

The weekend Seafood buffet was cheap too, at 400 baths (I think I came back twelve times at the grilled prawns/lobsters stand !!).

A good deal, much better than the pricey dishes of the Hard Rock Café.

::

Suprised someone hasn't brought up the Thai House yet. They have traditional Thai dancing, I think it starts around 7 pm. But the food is very reasonably priced and is very excellent. Ther restaraunt is around the Big C area to Xzyte disco area. I have a business card somewhere, but I'm sure a local will have better directions quicker then me. I also thought that PIC kitchen had good Thai food also, but a bit expensive.

Z

• 1 month later...

OK here's my contribution to the thread. From Second Rd., head up Pattaya Klang to Third Road, hang a left and go about a mile or two and on the right is a huge place that has signs up saying 79 baht. That is 79 baht for all you can eat! I forget what the style is called but they bring a clay pot with burning charcoal in it to your table and you grill your own food at the table. They also give you a pot of chicken broth to pour in this ring that is around the grill and it makes a soup. They have as much fish, squid, pork, chicken, (no beef though), vegies, and lots of other accompanyments that you can take as much of as you want, although they supposedly will charge you extra for stuff you don't finish. Really an incredible deal for the price. They have cute Singha, Chang and Tiger beer girls working there too. Mostly Thai people patronize the place. Good place to take your date because since you are cooking your own food it is an activity as well as a dining experience.

Archived