Pattaya Restaurants

Fatbastard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you like mango w/ sticky rice, the one at Royal Garden food court is good. There's an excellent Japanese restaurant at the north end of Big C on 2nd Rd, the one w/ lots of bamboos in the decor. Although Beach View Hotel on Beach Rd & Soi 2 has seen better days, the beach front restaurant is very good...my favorite dish there is the Royal Hawaiian, which is seafood in creamy white sauce, served in a hollowed-out pineapple.

• 2 weeks later...
stumpdog said:

Whilst I am on the subject of Italian places have also tried Cia and thought it very average and a my meal looked and tasted as though it were some sort of catering supply that was simply heated up. I base this on two meals there and would not bother going again.

Ate at Ciao last night. The cheese & tomato sauce pizza (140 bht.) had a somewhat thick crust that kinda reminded me of pie crust. But extra points for the otherwise ordinary mixed salad (70 bht.) because it's served in a bowl with room enough to allow you to actually coat the greens with the oil and vinegar without making a mess :)

I think maybe half the inside tables had customers and I may have been the only non-Italian speaking customer in the place judging from the conversation around me. Owner (?)/manager seemed to know most of them so they must get some repeat business. I won't bother with the pizza again but I'll likely return and try the pasta next time.

-redwood

• 2 weeks later...

Where's a good place to eat after Walking Street closes down for the night?

I always seem to end up at a place (can't remember the name) on South Pattaya Rd in between 2nd street and Pattaya Beach Rd.

3 out of 4 go-go girls drag me to that place. Made for an uncomfortable situation one night as I went with a cutie from LDS and ran into my barfine from the previous night who thought I was her boyfriend :banghead:

Bit slow on coming into this thread.

Yup, the Vientiane is pretty dire. Very slow service. Food awful. Even the normally eat anything that is put in front of them bar lady that I went with wasn't impressed . Had to ask 4 times for the bill.

Quite like the PIC kitchen on soi 5, if not for the prices but for the quiet locale alone. Nice food, well presented and pleasant staff.

If you like steaks/burgers there's a joint down the little covered mall by the Kiss Restaurant on 2nd Rd. Nicely prepared steaks. They do some sort of scheme where if you can stomach a 1kg steak then you get your name up on the board.

Actually I have known Khun Samsok of Somsak on Soi 1 for...let me see... 34 years. He used to be the chef at Rolf Riks which was a famous Pattaya restarant in the old days.Now Somsak, his wife and family have run a well patronized restaurant in Soi 1 for a heck of a long time.

It serves wonderful Thai and European food every evening at fairly reasonable prices. Behind the counter you can see pictures of H.M. The Queen's visit to the restaurant some years ago.

Don't expect air conditioning, but you will find me there most nights on a Pattaya visit.

Archived