Pattaya Restaurants

Fatbastard

After experiencing just about the worst food I have ever eaten at the Vientane Restaurant on second road, this is after experiencing a string of crap restaurants in Pattaya I would really appreciate any advice on a couple of good Thai eating houses in the middle price range, pref AC.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but, Really looking for some personal experience,

TO OH, I suppose many places have their off days but the meal we had at Vientane last Sat nite was bloody woeful. they couldn't even get the rice right, when delivered it was grey colour and obviously well under cooked. I complained but they said, that was all that was available. There were two thais next to us who complained as well, but the waitress just smiled and pissed off. Baan Bao seems to be the best I have struck but thats turning a bit touristy now with a Swensons type menu and less Thai food. Have to say the guy (Westener) who runs it is helpful enough. I guess the probelm in Pattaya is that not much repeat potential so thay can get away with crap food.

have eaten several times at Vientiane; usually come a bit later at 9pm than it is not so busy anymore and better. yep dishes can get screwed if it is too crowded.

the best thai- and seafood IMO in the area you get in a couple of restaurants at the south end of Jomtien

In Jomtien Beach Surf Kitchen is excellent. Captains Corner BBQ buffet is great for steak prawns pork bratwurst and fish steak, all you can eat 300b. Downtown I could not resist the Lek buffet, all the choices you could want, western and thai food for about 250b,I think, breakfast buffet 190b. Savoy Seafood quite good but more expensive.

Vientiane is one my favorites, I always take friends who come to visit me in Pattaya (quite a few board members) and they enjoy the food and say so. ::

For the best food at the cheapest prices, LENG KEE is it. It's on Pattaya Klang and soi Buakkao. I've know thgis place ever since I came to pattaya, and am never disappointed. try it. My favourites there: duck with gravy and fried baby clams, but the menu is big.

Jomtien is a good place, no doubt. My favorite there, a sentimental one, but good food anyway, and nicely presented, is BAAN CHAIYAPRUK, 131/2 Chaiyapruk Rd. the owner, german, has been working in many top establishments in Europe and the US and comes from a family rooted in hotel/food businesses, It shows!

The "mainly thais" restaurant at the very end of Jomtien beach is also quite good, though not consistantly (huge thai crowd on the week-end). Most affordable plates, 200 bahts a plate of small lobsters for ex.

I like to play tourist as anyone else, and i like BAAN THAI and their cultural dances, on Pattaya nua, next to city hall. No complaint either about the food. reasonable prices.

I have not been to Ruen Thai in a while, some of my friends are partial to it. i trust them. Cultural show too.

PIC, like SUGAR HUT(Jomtien Rd) are way too expensive for a food fare one can get in many other places around Pattaya at lesser prices. Moreover, they always have you waiting for your table in the bar, so you are pressured in buying cocktails/drinks. Nice "squat a la thai" dining rooms.

Archived