User ratings

khunsanuk

Hi,

This board supports the option to rate posters (1 - 5), but as the standard version is a bit restrictive (you can only rate a poster once, no changes possible afterwards) it was switched off.

I have now though found a hack that will allow you to change your rating of a poster at any given time, which might make this option a lot more usefull.

So, the question is do we switch this feature back on and do you think it would be useful?

Sanuk!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually think it's a bad idea KS.

You will now give us the chance to rate the quality of other members' posts (IF this will not be influenced by mutual disagreement / dislike etc..) and I believe we should have the right to defend ourselves at all times for what we write, and this will not be the case with this feature.

Just my opinion.

Hi,

Okay, what I had in mind was to remove the post count and title (i.e. oldhand, stranger, etc) and replace this with the rating.

The way I see it the amount of posts has very little bearing on the actual quality of said posts, the rating system could.

Sanuk!

the actual quality of said posts, the rating system could.

------------------------------

Not sure when ratings are averaged for one member, it will be about the quality of his posts, less than his board image. And there may be a difference of appreciation between those who rate and those who don't.

Any chance posts can be rated, so that the ones with 5 stars could be archived and retrieved easily for reading again by those who missed them or those who are newbies?

Since i see the board as a rather informal gathering of kindred spirits, I like the idea of the "we" in it, rather than helping to single out members. As SuzyB said, we know who's who pretty much.

Hi,

" Any chance posts can be rated, so that the ones with 5 stars could be archived and retrieved easily for reading again by those who missed them or those who are newbies?"

Individual posts can't, but I believe threads can.

Sanuk!

Archived