User ratings

khunsanuk

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One other thought:

All sports programs are increasing their stats (just watch a baseballgame) so we should do too.

I would like to see:

How many posts originated

How many replies in a.m. post (average)

Time of posting

How many posts of this member have been locked

How many posts have been moved (to ARTS)

How many misspellings per posts

How many gremlins used per post

How many warnings by the MODS

MaW

Hi,

Okay, some stats.

Posted in the last 24 hours 292

Posted in the last week 2017

Posted in the last month 8800

Will try to post some graphs tomorrow for:

- Total Posts per Year

- Total Posts per Month

- Total Posts per Day

- Total Posts per Day of the Week

- Total Posts per Hour

For personal stats you can check the link in your My Home.

Sanuk!

Can't help but think that this would be a bad move entirely for the integrity of the board - as we are not permitted (justifibly so, too) to flame or incite another member (and none of us practice this golden rule, we all lose the plot with some thickheads), then isn't voting on their worth by those that bear grudges etc a skewed way of pre-judgement? And who is going to handle the shit that evolves when member XXXXXXX gets the cranks with his tally against him? Like it or leave it, this is a public forum, with understandable rules there for the greater good, that's all we need! And less thread closures... :down:

And what would someone vote on spelling, graemlin usage etc in this post? It would all become too much and is not the way!

KS - however I still like the idea of "Original" posts, ie people who start a thread - I appreciate the thought that goes into that - maybe not a visable stat but something that can be looked up. Oh - while your doing all this work, can you fix Microsoft XP as well ;)

JB - Appreciaet the time and effort you put into this KS!

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Okay, seems that the general consensus is to not re-instate it.

Fine with me (means no work :) ).

So, how about the numbers / titles? Keep them, or get rid of them?

Sanuk!

get rid of them!

i do not want to be constantly reminded of how much time i waste on this board here. its fucking embarassing! ::

Just my take, but I think anything (stats) relating to a particular poster is a bad idea. Whether his first, or 10,000th, all posts should stand on their own merit. I see no need to judge each other, in any fashion. We should all be equals here.

HT

Nervous_Dog said:

KS - however I still like the idea of "Original" posts, ie people who start a thread - I appreciate the thought that goes into that - maybe not a visable stat but something that can be looked up. Oh - while your doing all this work, can you fix Microsoft XP as well ;)

JB - Appreciaet the time and effort you put into this KS!

gotta disagree here ND. The number originating posts is no more 'valuble' or 'worthwhile' than other posts, unless the goal is simply to see how many threads the board can generate.

in fact there are certain prolific thread starters that I skip the thread just because of who was the originator.

doubt there is any real solution on a public board, but please don't encourage more drivel treads. :banghead:

(Now someone will find this, or any other post, an excuse to start a new thread or poll :cussing:)

Archived