A Business Day Off! What the Fark

Can't beleive it, one of the Thai staff just told me he isn;t in tomorrow, he has a "Business Day Off"

What the fucks that I ask in my culturally sensative tone of voice?

Well, he trembled, (for some reason my cutlural tone scares them?) "Its when I have to do business, we get 4 a year.

"Four a fucking year to do what, you got a business on the side boy?" I ask in my ever so sensative Farang Boss taking to sweet thai staff.

"yes, we get four a year to do our own business"

Good for him I thought!

Man - the holidays here are great! Which I could intrduce them back in Aus, then we'd have 4 "I've got a farken hangover" days off a year!

JB

555555555555 ROTHLMAO............. of course you did ask hime to point this on out on the Thai Labour Laws list of Officially Designated Holidays. ?

I hope you explained that he was , of course, perfectly correct, but needed to fill out an 8 page form, have it certified by the Labour Department and bring in notorized copies of his House Registration and Telephone Bill, as well as a note from his mother.

yep, so called "business leave" is quite usual in Thailand.

i am not updated on the labour law, but i think minimum annual leave is 6 days. in addition to that or more generous regulations usually up to 15 days depending on years worked in the company, many grant additional maximum 3-5 days "business leave" to resolve personal affairs.

those who are familiar with Thai bureaucracy knows that such personal affairs are quite time consuming; if one needs to replace a expired ID, he has to travel to his hometown to get this done

Archived