First trip: how old?

Zaad

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

38, September 99. One week business trip. Having learned alot about the scene from Khun Sanuk and the regulars on his old board in 99, I planned a vacation at the end of the trip after I finished work. So my first trip ended up being two days short of a month. Can you say, ADDICTION! I return for my second trip on March 1, 2000. Third third was in August 2000. I've been back numerous times since and will return again at the end of the year for a month or more after taking my virgin trip to Brazil.

augustart

First trip in 1989 at the age of 26 and never will forget it. I am jealouse of anyone who was or is younger than me on their first trip. The girls were tearing at me they all wanted to do me even for free, even older girls just wanted to try me for a ride. Not just in place like the pong (didn't know nana or cowboy yet) but even bar beer places I was very harased for sex. What a dream it was.

24 in 1974 courtesy of that great educational institution, the U.S. Depatment of Defense. Thought (and still think) the sight of a hundred or so motor bikes, samlars and street vendors on the first bus ride into Nakhon Phanom was just about the most exotic thing I had ever seen--and I was being paid to be there!

:beer:

Age 28 in 1996.

10 day visit to Bangkok and Pattaya after spending 10 months without a break working in the Middle East. Fell in love with the first girl I met. Very naieve at that time. Amazingly ended up staying on sukhumvit even though I had never heard of Soi Cowboy or the Nana.

Returned the following year for six weeks with a couple of guys who knew the score and then I really got to know the place.

Stopped visiting in 2000 after marrying my Filipina girlfriend but returned in 2003 on a golf trip to Pattaya. A bit disappointed that i was no longer the young hansum man of earlier years but still had a brilliant time.

Will be returning next week for our now annual pattaya golf competition.

Archived