Sad News

spirit_of_town_hall

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

My God! What happened? Is it that the countries laws are that harsh, or were there some serious injuries incurred? Do you know?

HT

Maybe this:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2004/6/17/sports/8234005&sec=sports

>>>>>>Later yesterday, 12 Britons, a Russian and a Portuguese appeared in court accused of causing a public disturbance after clashes with police on Tuesday morning.

The foreigners faced being immediately deported after the GNR paramilitary police who detained them requested they be sent home.

A judge gave the defendants the option of remaining for the outcome of a trial. Several said they did not want to be handed over for deportation but to hear the outcome of the proceedings. <<<<

Guess he should have left with the rest of them ::

Couldn't be this, as happened on the 7th:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3785313.stm

HT

Saw hin on TV..... well I saw all 33 of them.

And all convicted will be deported to the UK to sit out their prison terms locally..... at least he wont have to learn Portuguse then.

Reminds me of my cousins' car burned in Brussels by those nice English football supporters in 2000.

BB

Hi BB,

Maybe better suited for "Sports", but what is it with the constant violence over soccer, all about over there?

I've never understood it. Is it that the audience is generally totally drunk, or they just take their sports that seriously, and then go crazy when they lose? ::

Not saying US is perfect, but just don't see that often here, at all. If an important game over there, you can almost expect a hell-night to follow, no matter what city game is played. Just over enthusiastic fans????

HT

Archived