Saudi Arabia worth a visit?

sabio

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus, dude, I dont know whether to laugh or cry. I come here to escape the blanket coverage of the Middle East that our media seems to be locked into, and you post this shite.

If you go back over the posts in Regional Sanuk, you'll see that its mostly informative and timely content - I know of no other forum where I could easily access so much information from guys who have been there (and done that) , often within the last month or so. Please restrict any future frivolity to the Board Bar.

A friend just got back to LOS from Saudi... he was shitting it. Myself and my mate were getting several e-mails a day from him... he was desperately looking for work over here.

He's back and boy is he relieved.

He said he had been working on a Saudi military base and that many of the other teacthers simply refused to leave their homes... and were fired.

ThaiHome said:

Considering that many of us have friends and possibly family working there, it may have been funny to you, but I think it was highly inappropriate.

This was meant as a parity on the "Is ** worth a visit" threads in this section, and I picked Saudi as the place least likely to be a p4p destination because of their culture, not because of the recent tragedies there. If I inadvertently hurt someone's feelings, I am sorry for that. It is the last thing I would want to do.

sabio said:

If I inadvertently hurt someone's feelings, I am sorry for that. It is the last thing I would want to do.

It is a very sensitive time right now for the friends and family of expats working in that part of world. One of the people killed at the same time as Paul Johnson was kidnapped was an ex-employee of my company and was well known by a couple of my colleagues. I have several friends working in Iraq as well.

Not a joking matter. Maybe Antarctica would have been a better choice. ::

TH

Archived