Contradiction fear?

Zaad

get this...

my treds be closed all the time. even treds i dont start, but am involved in are closed all de time. and de funny ting is DEY DE BEST TREDS AROUND.

why? cause i say it like it is bro, and people don't like det. for example, a ho is a ho is a ho - people don't like det see, but as whitey is a whitey and the sky is up and the ground is down, a ho is a ho is a ho. see?

so you ask if people are afraid to post? of course they are. most of the members are established "troll callers" - maybe even you. you say something like the "the BGs are ho's" - cause that's your honest opinion, wait for the fire and brimstone m'man. and then you get to sit around and see if the mods will oblige the troll callers and ban you.

scarves to ya.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"I do agree that the average discussions are civilized and harmless but a minority always tries to reign certain threads."

I agree that this is a problem, but by just backing out of the discussion you are indicating to them that they will 'win' by using this approach.

Wouldn't it be better to take these posters to task rather than just backing off?

I guess this board is kinda like a government, if you don't vote / post you have no say in how the government is run / board evolves.

Sanuk!

Zaad,

Look we are all different persons with different characters and approaches to certain subjects. I, for my part, prefer to better shut up than to enter endless and often fruitless discussions. I live for too long in the East and certainly can't change my behaviour anymore. You remember the 3 Chinese monkeys? One covers his mouth, another his eyes and a third his ears. There is more than a bit of wisdom to be found in those 3 wise monkeys. :)

KS,

I've just answered to Zaad and this gives a picture of how I react to certain discussions. I will actively take part in discussions as long as there is no flaming to be expected and arguments are based on mutual respect. I do not shy away if somebody has a different or contradictory opinion. I just do not like to discuss with people who believe that they have the sole ownership right to all or many questions that arise here. :)

Hi,

"I just do not like to discuss with people who believe that they have the sole ownership right to all or many questions that arise here."

I understand, and have to admit that I try to stay away from those discussions as well. Not sure how to prevent this from happening though.

Sanuk!

I believe it's very difficult to prevent this. You cannot do much or the board will indeed become too sterile. This is in no way criticism towards you or the way the board is moderated. I believe that you guys do a hell of a good job but, please understand, for me I have decided that in case of a personal problem (and I have one right now) I rather share it with somebody else in PM than publishing it for everybody to see and to start receiving 'smart' advice.

Zaad said:

Maybe it's just me but I'm a bit surprised about the fear(-attitude) of some members to post or to get disagreed with.

Latest examples:

Be easy on me, this is my first post..

Sorry for my bad English, but..

I may be flamed for this post, but..

If such fears exist then I applaud those who are brave enough to post, but I ask; why the existance?

It's not fear. It's a simple trick to get the sympathy of the listener and to get people on your side. False humility, etc.

I doubt anyone can be afraid of anyone here. How can they be? They're never likely to even meet, let alone be in any danger.

This board is very mild indeed compared to say Bangkoktonight where they go at it no holds barred.

It doesn't really worry me as I am big enough to defend myself but I don't think very much flaming or trolling goes on here from what i have seen.

JP1,

We're all part of it and every board, team, family, working place has its smartass(es).

We have met thanks to this board and (jokes - ass-licking aside) it was a pleasure meeting you and hopefully you'll give me a chance to repay you some drinks.

Anyway, had you opted for a prolonged break last year then we'd never meet and you'd probably miss out on more, meetings, info, boardfriends etc.

What I'm trying to say is that IF you really enjoy participating on this board (reading and posting as I do, meeting members etc. ) then taking a break due to 'voices' really is the wrong solution IMO.

Hope you get your problem sorted out soon.

Cheers.

Archived