After-hours places?

A couple of weeks ago I flew in, and asked a taxi driver in front of Asia Hotel, if there were any after-hours places he knew of. He brought me to a place a short distance away, located down a series of side soi's. Had maybe 20 customers, including 6-7 farang. Also had a 'fishbowl', which surprised me. About 15 girls were seated on a bench, in a u-shaped alcove, without any glass in front.

In front of them were beer-hall type wooden table seating for customers. I could not stay long at all, so don't know the prices, or if there were s/t rooms upstairs. Girls were of surprisingly nice quality. Some wearing nice dresses, while others wearing regular jeans/shirt. Had 3 real 'lookers' in the group.

This was after 2am in the morning. I had to go pick up my g/f at her apt., so did not have the time to really look into situation, but my question is:

How many of these after-hour, take-out places are there? I'm assuming they are spread all over the city. This place was small, but had a full service bar with female bartender, which you could sit at (where the other (quite drunk) farang were seated), and was in every respect, like any other bar, except for the 'fishbowl' aspect, which was kindda nice. :D

HT

Hi OH,

I really don't know exact location. First time I stayed at Asia, and is in the Ratchathewi area, which I don't know at all, to begin with. As I said, was only about 10 minutes from there, but down an impossible number of small soi's. I do know that to get back out to Phaholyotin, was a rather short trip. I was just coming from Nana, after a 20 hour flight, so was not overly observant on the way there (read: head back with eye's closed). :)

If I needed to find the place again, I'd just go ask taxi drivers at Asia Hotel again (meter taxi out front...not black taxi mafia in porte-cochere). Go there around 2am, and ask for "bar still open". I would imagine you'd be taken to same place, especially if you threw in "mee puuying duay" (have girls also).

I would imagine there to be quite a few of these places, if you know where to look. The fishbowl aspect really threw me though. I didn't expect to find that, at that hour of the night. That was a cool little find. Place was well lit, and completely open, so not much diddling opportunity. But I would bet the family farm that the staircase to the right of the bar led to S/T rooms.

HT

That sounds like a bar called 'Star Dust' kinda across from the World Trade Center.

It is in the small sois opposite WTC but behind the Big C. Basically, heading north on Radjadamri, you turn into the next small soi on your right (immediately past the Big C and before the bridge). Take the first left (~100m down) and the bar is the second or third shophouse on the left.

Price quoted was 2000 baht, all-in, for a takeaway. Better looking gals (IMHO) than the streetwalkers on Suk afterhours.

Thanks for Crash for clueing me in to this place.

Cheers,

SD

Archived