Farenheit 9/11

itsmedave

Very valid, Moore had a guy thrown in jail for door stepping him. An ex-employee of Moore took a camera crew and filmed Moore obtrusively as Moore does to people. Seems he can dish it out but not take it himself in that instance.

I have read his books, lately they are a waste of money as he is covering old ground .

He's too black and white in his views, saying that he's making good money peddling his stuff in the right climate.

STH

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

Moore and his film have been discussed thoroughly in an other forum already. I don't see any reason to repeat it again. So the film discussions in this thread should be reserved for the participants of the meeting or - even better - not at all.

elef

Mod

I have a barbeque, so bring dead animal flesh if you wish to fire it up (I have any spice/condiment you wil likely need) or we can order pizza, or get Thai food from the nearby stalls, or there is always Food-To-Go...

See ya Wednesday! Let's try for 7PM.

Cheers,

SD

I'll prolly throw a steak or a couple of chicken boobies on...or maybe a nice grouper fillet (I love Fuji Supermarket)...

No one has mentioned what they want, so take care of your needs, let the others worry about themselves. It ain't a restaraunt LOL! But the maid's here too to whip up some Thai food (I always have curry paste and whatnot on hand) and/or keep everyone's drinks filled.

There are several food stalls (Thai & Muslim) just meters away as well as a mini mart with Thai beer (maybe Heine too, but don't remember). Worst case Villa soi 49 is just 1Km away and I have a moto.

Cheers,

SD

Good for them to get an unbiased view of the real Amerika. ;)

PM with time, date, drink and food requests.

Tuesday is Londoner Quiz Night, so no good. Friday is Gullivers meet.

-KK

Don't you mean a biased view from an America hater?

On a lighter note there's a new film due out this summer titled: 'Michael Moore Hates America' , amazingly this guy tried to interview Michael Moore but he refused. Wonder what he's afraid of.

I also read the Michael Moore biography 'Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man' by David Hardy and Jason Clarke.

A great read and they really point out all the hypocrisy and contradictions of this guy.

Gwailo

Don't you mean a biased view from an America hater?

Oh boy..... :doah: here we go again......

Did you at least saw the movie at all ?

Or do you base yourself on what the Moore haters tell ya to think ?

Anyway, dont bother to reply, this thread is on its way to be closed soon, thanks to people like you.

BB

This thread is NOT the place to accuse Michael Moore or ANYBODY else of hating America. The meetings forum is a place to announce meetings and discuss when, where, and how to get there. If you'd like to come and actually watch the film, I'm sure you will get all the discussion you can handle about the merits of the message and the messenger at that time.

So, please feel free to join us. That is what the spirit of America is after all. Free speech with the right to your own opinion and the freedom to share it with others in the appropriate place. But this message board is not America, and the "meetings" forum is NOT the approproate place.

Hope to see you tonight (although I somehow doubt you'll show up)

Archived