Taking the girl out of the bar forever(?)

MrX

>>>>>>I can take this from guys who reached out and got burned doing so. Can happen to the best of us. The problem I have with HT is that he, self professed, always made sure he didn't get involved with any bargirl. The only one he ever liked, he cut off, because he was scared to fall for her. I find it stupefying when someone with no hands-on experience on the subject keeps spouting off opinions, believing that it is the truth.<<<<

Well Soongmak..... I have my opinions like anyone else, and are no less valid than yours. You can spout the opinion that it's a great idea, and a smart move, to get emotionally involved with a hooker, all you like. For me, I've always resisted to do so, and will continue along that same path. But don't try and stretch that out to me saying all whores are bad, and anybody would have to be an idiot to get involved with one. That is simply not true, it's something I've never said, nor is it something I believe.

Like I said before....don't take a simple comment, and then run with it, to mean all sorts of inuendo's you might happen to want to apply to it. "Stupefying" as it might seem for you, I don't actually need to get emotionally involved with a prostitute, to know it is not a good idea for me, to do so. If it works for you, then great. It's something I would not be comfortable with, but that is just me. I've said a hundred times here, that it can, and has, worked for others. And I've always applauded the one's that can do. I think it is great CBK took a girl, and provided for her education, and things turned out well for him. Good for him, and any others doing the same! You might like to say I think him a fool, but in real, just the opposite is true. I have a great deal of respect for this guy for taking the chance, and making a difference in her life. But it was a huge gamble, at the time, and I'm sure he would tell you the same.

As far as economics? (not you, Soongmak :) )The problem I have is that you cannot just simply discount 3% GNP loss, totally out the window, concerning prostitution. Let's say we could end prostitution in LOS tomorrow. Thai/Thai prostitution? Thai punter's would just spend their money on something else. Those dollars would not be taken out of the economy. They would still be there, albeit, displaced to other area's. Thai's would simply find something else to spend their baht on (new truck, TV, etc.).

To a large degree, this is also true of tourists. The money that would be lost, would only be from the tourists who go there for nothing more than cheap sex. What % of all tourists are in that catagory? Who knows? I do know that *many* who participate in P4P, are there on business, or also for other activities, not related to sex (conventions/trade shows/scuba diving/trekkers...the list is endless). Those dollars will not totally dry up. Much of the income once spent on hookers, will simply be displaced to other outlets. True for Expats living there also..... P4P baht allowance, will simply be spent in other area's/venue's. Thailand will not lose these dollars.

I'll use myself as an example. For many trips, I would budget for a cheap hotel, and little else, saving all for sanuk (food, beer, girls). Then I met g/f, and we spent 2 weeks in BKK and Samui. Didn't spend one single satang on P4P venue, other than a few beers. My most expensive trips have been *not* participating in the P4P venue's. If not participating, then I spend more on better hotels, better food, and much more traveling. Thailand has not lost one single satang from me, since I left the prostitution scene. Am I alone? Of course not.

For this reason, Thailand would not be brought to it's knee's economicly, if prostitution were taken out of the equation. Hell....half the stuff in my house says "Made in Thailand". From my 'Casio' watch, to my toaster, to my cell phone. Yes...I was a sanuker, but was so as a sideline, to my having to go there anyway, for my business. This is a *huge* factor, that needs to be factored in with any numbers thrown on the table.

To just say that X amount of dollars are spent on P4P, and all would then totally disappear out the Thai economy, is freaking silly. I think some here, need to go back to the economic drawing board, for their facts and figures. ::

HT

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HIGH THAIED said:

As far as economics? (not you, Soongmak :) )The problem I have is that you cannot just simply discount 3% GNP loss, totally out the window, concerning prostitution. Let's say we could end prostitution in LOS tomorrow. Thai/Thai prostitution? Thai punter's would just spend their money on something else. Those dollars would not be taken out of the economy. They would still be there, albeit, displaced to other area's. Thai's would simply find something else to spend their baht on (new truck, TV, etc.).

I'll use myself as an example. For many trips, I would budget for a cheap hotel, and little else, saving all for sanuk (food, beer, girls). Then I met g/f, and we spent 2 weeks in BKK and Samui. Didn't spend one single satang on P4P venue, other than a few beers. My most expensive trips have been *not* participating in the P4P venue's. If not participating, then I spend more on better hotels, better food, and much more traveling. Thailand has not lost one single satang from me, since I left the prostitution scene. Am I alone? Of course not.

For this reason, Thailand would not be brought to it's knee's economicly, if prostitution were taken out of the equation. Hell....half the stuff in my house says "Made in Thailand". From my 'Casio' watch, to my toaster, to my cell phone. Yes...I was a sanuker, but was so as a sideline, to my having to go there anyway, for my business. This is a *huge* factor, that needs to be factored in with any numbers thrown on the table.

To just say that X amount of dollars are spent on P4P, and all would then totally disappear out the Thai economy, is freaking silly. I think some here, need to go back to the economic drawing board, for their facts and figures.

Dude leave this thread immediately. You are hereby BANNED from making any commentary on economics. I am not even going to explain to you why your comments are abundantly clueless. I would have to give you a primer in ECON 101 and draw you a simple supply and demand schedule.

Do you honestly think that the prostitution industry operates in an economic vacuum? Do you honestly believe that there is an absolute and definitive number of dollars available in an economy merely waiting to be shifted from one sector to another? According to your logic if prostitution ended tomorrow then those dollars would merely shift to movie theaters for entertainment; the jobs and supporting industries would merely shift there labor, capacity and resources to the production for movie theaters; there would be equal demand, equal jobs created, equal economic stimulus, equal profit, equal risk/reward? Did you ever hear of a term called saturation? Dude, I would love to see you make a model showing your parrallell shifts of human and monetary capital from the prostitution industry into another that would create an equal economic stimulus and results.

HT please stop it, this is not even fun or challenging anymore. You are out of your league on this and you are deluding yourself debating me while at the same time displaying to other board members your ignorance. It is okay if you have an opinion about if a punter should love a whore but it is foolish to espouse unfounded opinions that defy basic economic premises.

Take another pill, JJ.

Thailand will not seep into the deep abyss, if farangs can no longer buy pussy there. Drive around. It's an industrialized nation, that would/could survive, without some girl's sitting on a barstool, not getting their $20 baht short-time fee, a few times a week.

HT

You just don't get it, do you? I don't have a problem that you think that there are issues to address when getting involved with a BG. Sure there are. The problem with you is that you are prejudiced. You just keep insinuating ad nauseam that BGs share some commoncharacter traits, and surprise, surprise they're all negative, like laziness and greed. In the past you have said that girls have to be a little crazy to enter the trade. Last week you tell us all that prostitutes don't have a right of privacy, because they belong to the public, and now you tell us that their lives pretty much revolve around sex when they're awake. Off course you always haste to point out that there are also some good girls, few and far between, so you don't offend those of us with a BG wife/gf.

There's no proof for this, HT. These are all preconceived notions of you. If you would spout the same unfounded crap about blacks, people would call you a racist. And don't tell me there is a difference between making racist comments, or comments based on the profession somebody has. These girls are not their jobs, and you can look hard and long, but there is no common denominator to stereotype these girls so that they can fit into your small world.

>>>>If you would spout the same unfounded crap about blacks, people would call you a racist. And don't tell me there is a difference between making racist comments, or comments based on the profession somebody has.<<<<

I'll tell you just exactly that!

>>>>These girls are not their jobs,<<<<

I disagree.

HT

HT,

Although I share most of your view on RT's with prostitutes, I do share JJ's views on the impact this industry has on Thai economy.

Your comments on the economic issues don't make much sense. Better to stick to those issues that are based on your own experiences.

JJ

Your views on the impact of prostitution on the Thai economy won't be much of base.

(Where do you find the time to paost all those lengthy post).

But you do show a bit of arrogance when explaining such issues to others. This thread has become a bit of "JJ knows best one".

On to the comment to my own post.

It's only normal that all would like to partake in consumerism.

It's the means to achieve this that I question. Some go into drugs, others try their hand at stealing or gambling and a considerable percentage of TG's go into prostitution.

Pure desperation can be found in other countries, but not so much in Thailand anymore.

Of course it not as simple as stated and IMO the overall stucture of Thai society is at fault. I've discussed this at lengths in other threads and won't do here again.

>>>>Last week you tell us all that prostitutes don't have a right of privacy, because they belong to the public>>>

See Soongmak ::........This is *exactly* what I am talking about. Statements like yours above. I never said prostitutes don't have a right to privacy. I said a sex worker who gives her name, boyfriends names, her address, days off, etc., to all her customers, should not automatically expect privacy surrounding those issues. There is a big, huge difference there, to what you are quoting me with saying. Prostitutes, along with all others, have a perfect right to privacy. But not if they (or anyone else) is divulging their personal information out to the general public. Are you getting any of this yet?

Your statements are absurd. As the above shows, you are continuing to mis-quote me, and read into what is said, to fit your own mold of what you want it to say.

Anyway, I've always thought of you as a good guy, and don't want any bad blood between us. I'm only asking that you listen closely to what I say, and take it as face value, and not exstrapolate beyond that. No matter what you might believe, I care very deeply for many girls I know in the business. But that will not stop me from saying "be carefull out there when dealing with". Maybe it's because I have kept in contact with many, and seen them go from one hapless punter, to the next, over the years. I know 3 Thai girls living in Germany right now. All 3 are there for financial reasons only. None really love the guy that they are with. And that scares me, hense my thought process. I'm not a newbie. I've just seen too much from the very beginning, to be really comfortable with settling down with a b/g. And I've also said, from day one, that is probably more associated with security issues in my own personality, than relating to prostitutes. OK?

HT :beer:

Hi Oran,

Granted... I'm no economics major, but what is flawed with the thinking that much of all the sanuk dollars, would be displaced, to a large respect? For sure, there would be a loss. No question. But what is wrong with thinking that much will still remain?

It's hard to use you as an example :), but what of the average paying sex tourist in LOS? Wouldn't many be there anyway, and simply find other outlets to spend their disposable cash?

No? I'm perfectly willing to be shot down here. But thinking of my own situation, the Thai economy has not been hurt at all, from my own departure from P4P. :dunno:

HT

"now you tell us that their lives pretty much revolve around sex when they're awake"

Nah... but "khin,phriik,kii,non" (eat,fuck,shit,sleep) is the sweet way some of them sum up their life. They omitted drug, gambling and some shopping but add them in the mix and U have the picture. Could be worse still

"And don't tell me there is a difference between making racist comments, or comments based on the profession somebody has"

Sure there are, U chose Ur profession, not Ur race

Archived