Taking the girl out of the bar forever(?)

MrX

soongmak said:

Before I manage to organize a nation wide referendum and get exactly what the populus think, I have to rely on something.

Better on what I know than what you know, me thinks.

Sure,

A lot of people do this. As long as you don't stick to your convinctions "till the cows come home." ::

I personally prefer to keep an open mind and reserve my opinions for those occasions when they have some basis in fact, rather than convictions.

What happens if you have to deal with that every hour of a day, every day?

Tell us, what do you know and we don't?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
soongmak said:

Still waiting for that set of those negative character traits, shared by the majority of prostitutes,TTM. ::

Would be nice if they were based on something more than anecdotal evidence, as well!

Overlooked this one.

Negative character traits? What more you need than that they are prostitutes. Labelled like that by their own and by us: Prostitutes.

Not that I can't cope with that but HT was right. It takes certain mind set to get into it. Otherwise, every girl who saw something attractive on TV would be there. But they are not.

BTW, what are your experiences in taking a girl out of prostitution? You might know more than I do.

Well, my experiences are nothing much to write about. In my case, taking her out of the bar was not a problem. The biggest issues in my RT are communication and culture. The fact that she was a BG, doesn't measure on the scale, really.

To avoid most pitfalls in a RT with a BG, one simply has to exercise common sense, just like in any other RT.

Caution No. 1 is off course looking into the fact does she love me, or is she playing me? Does she see you as a customer or as a BF? I think this a problem for most tourists. You can't assess this over the course of 2 weeks and lots of emails/chat sessions and telephone calls. I would steer clear of BGs if I were them. Come to think of it, as a tourist, I wouldn't want to fall for any TG. The risk is just too big and the timeframe too small.

After caution No. 1 has been thrown in the wind:

2. Listen to her. are the thing she tells you consistent? And don't make up excuses for those stories that don't add up. After you have accepted the reasons why the stories she tells you are inconsistent, you are now to ready to make a commitment.

3. Make sure your girl isn't lazy. You have to work hard for the money, so there is no reason why she can sit on her ass all day, while you ship all your money to LOS. Make sure she gets a job, and you just supplement her income. If she can manage a job without complaining, you might be on to something.

4. Commitment is a two way street. Giving her money is not a commitment. Sending her money doesn't mean you're her boyfriend. Commitment means working towards that goal of living together. Either in LOS, or at your home. Inform her about the progress you make and keep religiously in touch with her. Send her some gifts. Let her know you care. Hire a detective to see if you get played.

Really, there are a gazillion reasons why the RT could end badly. The odds are stacked against the two of you. Accept that it can go wrong and don't invest more into your RT than you can afford to loose. It is Okay to say "No" to your GF. In fact, it is my favourite word.

If only she would listen more often. ::

Negative character traits? What more you need than that they are prostitutes. Labelled like that by their own and by us: Prostitutes.

If that says it all, I really can't see why you stay with an ex BG. Surely there's more to her than being an (ex-) prostitute? :dunno:

BTW, being a prostitute is not a character trait. I am getting frustrated here. am I the only one here who writes english? :help:

soongmak said:

BTW, what are your experiences in taking a girl out of prostitution? You might know more than I do.

Well, my experiences are nothing much to write about. In my case, taking her out of the bar was not a problem. The biggest issues in my RT are communication and culture. The fact that she was a BG, doesn't measure on the scale, really.

To avoid most pitfalls in a RT with a BG, one simply has to exercise common sense, just like in any other RT.

Caution No. 1 is off course looking into the fact does she love me, or is she playing me? Does she see you as a customer or as a BF? I think this a problem for most tourists. You can't assess this over the course of 2 weeks and lots of emails/chat sessions and telephone calls. I would steer clear of BGs if I were them. Come to think of it, as a tourist, I wouldn't want to fall for any TG. The risk is just too big and the timeframe too small.

After caution No. 1 has been thrown in the wind:

So what's different from what HT said? Another generalisation as you said?

Having done that, I can only say your write-up is naive. Mine could be too, but the girl probably has more education now than many of board members.

Started from 6yr elementary school, today she asked me to pay 900 (nine hundred) baht for her college graduation ceremony.

There is more than you think in turning a tanker around. 900 baht is peanuts, but how did she get up to there?

Had she had the right mindset, it would have been hell lot of easier. Most likely, she would not have needed me at all.

Edit: with much less comfort and ammenities she has been enjoying, but still.

I think we don't communicate at all, here. :banghead:

The difference is that I don't make sweeping and insulting statements about negative personality traits without knowing a person. That doesn't mean one shouldn't exercise caution.

I can only say your write-up is naive.

Gee, thanks. Would be nice if you could point out why. Then we could actually discuss it.

Guest lazyphil

Putting aside your gf's comfort levels, how do YOU feel/think you are a more suitable marrage partner than a bg, this is what I'm trying to get to the bottom of, please, stop fudging it!

soongmak said:

I think we don't communicate at all, here. :banghead:

The difference is that I don't make sweeping and insulting statements about negative personality traits without knowing a person. That doesn't mean one shouldn't exercise caution.

I can only say your write-up is naive.

Gee, thanks. Would be nice if you could point out why. Then we could actually discuss it.

Because I did the bunji jump. You are still talking what shoes fit the rope and the ankle.

Can we stop this? Two of us have seized the thread. Others may have something to say.

Can we stop this? Two of us have seized the thread. Others may have something to say.

I don't get it, TTM.

I ask you to come up with some negative character traits, and you don't come up with any. You call my write up naive, and when I ask you why, you don't answer. It is rather pointless to bring up a subject without backing it up, no? :rolleyes:

Archived