Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

Dude you only obfuscate the issue with your parrallels of Stick's site to say the New York Times or other mainstream periodical.
The only thing that I obfuscate is your argument.

We are talking about hypocrisy.

The rest of your post illustrates that either you did not read my post or ignored it because it did not support your baseless argument.

Rant on...

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thalenoi,

Ok in all fairness, lets give 'em a range of 100% to 2500%; many prostitutes can't make a financial go of it and leave the scene while lets pay homage to the veteran work dogs!

I will expand to three occupations and throw in sales clerk and farmer. I toyed with construction work but they seem to leave that to their poorer northern neighbors. No matter how poor one is, one can always find someone poorer to do the dirty work....

Cardinalblue

HIGH THAIED said:

Hi p,

I gotta really disagree with this. Someone who gets drawn into doing drugs through a g/f, or whatever, and soon after, decides it's not for him, is forever more, a hypocrite for expressing the opinion he doesn't think a good thing? For the rest of his life, he is forever a hypocrite for saying that he participated, and because found disagreeable, is then hypocritical? That's crazy. Because a guy tried out the prostitution scene for a couple of weeks, he can never speak badly about it? That is simply called having an opinion, not hypocrisy.

HT

Your analogy is warped. The ex-junky would not be a hypocrite as you describe him. But he would be if in addition to distance himself personally from drugs, he would make profits from selling a magazine telling junkies were to get the cheapest and best drugs, how to avoid the cops and reviews of the best designer drugs. An ex-whoremonger is not a hypocrite because he changes his mind. That is fine. But then selling an internet publication where you get the details of where the nicest girls are, cheapest beers, how to avoid being conned, where the girls are naked etc. is at best, very contradicting. I would say hyppocrite.

If he really have no interest in this business, and he would see it go away, why not take down the site. It's the damn best promotion for prostitution I ever saw. Bet there is not few that participated in this scene as a direct consequence of his site. And bar-owners know that. That is why they are so eager to give him the "easy" info he puts up on the site.

Paillote - also a hypocrite

Hi HT

A hypocrite how? Having a beer in a bar, contributing to prostitution? That's really a stretch.....And I'm just not seeing it. If all were like you, it would be impossible for it to exist, and in fact wouldn't, so how do you see yourself as a participant, and as such, a hypocrite? You've lost me here.

I'm not going to the bar just to have a beer. I can stay home and do that. I enjoy the entire ambiance of the P4P scene, buying some of the ladies drinks and on occasion I paid the BF on a girl and gone over to the Nana Disco. Its just a matter of degrees.

Because a guy tried out the prostitution scene for a couple of weeks, he can never speak badly about it? That is simply called having an opinion, not hypocrisy.

----------------------------------

I think you confuse what has been said, and the topic altogether. It is not about changing one's mind.

Personally, if i see an activity or a scene being negative , or after a change of heart, negative, I would not do anything publicly that promotes it, one way or another (even by warning people to keep to ST and not fall in love, for ex. ) or keeps it up to date thru my personal media. That is the topic.

I stir clear of saying Stick is an hypocrite, because i do not read his column. Seems he could be, and yes, i do agree with most that we are all, in some manners, hypocrites. It won't make me lose one minute of sleep, saying so, but it may if publicly, over months and years, I was to frown on the P4P scene, while still making it a mainstay of the way it is part of my business. Of course, it needs to be said i am a lousy businessman.... ::

I also think that a lot of guys who now frown on the scene for its P4P set up, having a GTG or an ex-P4P, just simply changed a letter in that set-up. it is now P4L (pay4love), that's all. Nothing wrong with it all, but if they are trying to be self-righteous about it, my graemlin of choice is definitely: ::.

HT,

Even if you pull 10 girls every night, it only makes you a hypocrite, if you're screaming it's horrible to do, at the same time while you're doing.

Telling people its horrible, trying to look like the GOOD GUY....that would make me a Big (H) Hypocrite. But if I say that that the net effect of the P4P scene is bad for the girls and Thailand.....then tonight you walk into a Nana gogo and see my watching the girls dance and buying LD ....am I not a hypocrite????

Your couple of baht is not part of the machine, so don't beat yourself up over that. Of course, your being there in the first place, is a curiousity.

I almost barfined a girl for sex once till I noticed the small heart shaped tattoo on her breast with the name FIERY JACK emblazoned on it. ......I've been emotionally paralyzed ever since. .....and no....I don't feel any guilt about my level of ativity....But I don't lie to myself either....

Hi Paillote,

>>>>Your analogy is warped. The ex-junky would not be a hypocrite as you describe him. But he would be if in addition to distance himself personally from drugs, he would make profits from selling a magazine telling junkies were to get the cheapest and best drugs, how to avoid the cops and reviews of the best designer drugs. An ex-whoremonger is not a hypocrite because he changes his mind. That is fine.>>>

No....your analogy is warped. Stick does not make money by promoting prostitution in Thailand, as your example above, would suggest.

It's the damn best promotion for prostitution I ever saw.<<<

What? Everyone elses argument is that stick puts down the scene....How is that promoting? ::

>>>If he really have no interest in this business, and he would see it go away, why not take down the site.<<<

Who says he has no interest? Because he does still not participate? I don't either anymore. But I still have more than a passing interest in it. Whole point is that just because someone has a certain view of something, does not mean he should not be able to talk about it.

I think this whole thing with Stickman is *way* overblown. I've never seen him as a 'prostitute basher, as some would make him out to be here. While he has gotten married, lived there for a while, and seen aspects of the downside to the business, I'd hardly characterize him as a 'hooker basher'. I've never seen him overly critical of the scene. He is certainly not some religious zealot shouting the evils of prostitution. His messege, to me anyway, has always been, "Be careful of the scene, because all might not be what it appears". Great advise, IMO, while going aginst the grain of those who would have you believe all prostitutes are angels sent from heaven, and only choosing, because they have no other options. The scams of Thai prostitututes are legendary, and World Famous. To have no room for discussion about that fact, is closed-minded in the extreme.

Like he states on his site, it's just the opinions of one man, and should be taken as nothing more, or less. He'll go to Pattaya, and speak highly of a bar (and the girl's) he was in, as quickly as he will speak of a bad experience.

The day Stick starts talking bad about all b/g's, and starts showing a real distain for the scene, and those involved, is the day I will stop reading him. But I've never seen anything close to that, so will still look forward to his observations every week. I see no hypocrisy at all, in what he has to say. I may not agree with all his observations, but I also think he would be the first to say, that is ok. Call him what you want, but a hypocrite, he's not.

JMO

HT

>>>But if I say that that the net effect of the P4P scene is bad for the girls and Thailand.....then tonight you walk into a Nana gogo and see my watching the girls dance and buying LD ....am I not a hypocrite????<<<

Yes... you would be. I agree with that, Uthai. My point is that that is not Sticks only message. He is balanced in the respect that he does not continually speak bad about the scene. If that were the overriding theme, then I would agree with you completely. I understand the point of advertising for a business you then state as distaining. My point is that it's not reality, in Stick's case.

>>>>I almost barfined a girl for sex once till I noticed the small heart shaped tattoo on her breast with the name FIERY JACK emblazoned on it.<<<<

That WAS FIERY JACK, you idiot. :D

HT

Archived