Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

Earlier on, someone, JI, mentionned that the majority of farang residents are only, if ever, using the sex scene as a backdrop. Not sure how accurate that is, IME, it's not, and not just in BKK.

Anyway, something no one came up with, is what happens to so-called reformed whoremongers once/if they're single again, for any reason. Would they sleep alone until they find GTGs to go with them? P4P (incl. grey zone) A thing of the past, REALLY?

Thai guys have just been mentionned. I think the philandering and outgoing ones (for sex) can't care less where they get their kicks, at least, they certainly would not come up with the kind of moral and hair-cutting distinctions farangs put into how one has sex in Thailand. They can't care less either where WE get our kicks.

But here we are, trying to write in marble (in writing at least) things that are truly a matter of personal and timely prerogatives. No more, no less.

As far as the hypocrisy in it, it's more to do with lying to oneself IMO. Anyone who uses the P4P scene as a backdrop, is part of it, as a patron, period. one sexless time a month or everyday whoring makes no difference, and no big deal as well.

That's the one thing i don't understand: the defensiveness associated to not being, or not being too much in it. It's as if one has to be defined by where one chooses to hang out. Ie. "You sex tourist, me thai-life nicely integrated expat".

Risible, and a non-topic, AFAIC!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Come on guys. I can't be bothered to read the whole thread but, if we must see things in black and white, then I must label Mr. Stickman as a hypocrite.

I remember seeing him in a Soi Cowboy bar, a couple of years ago, on his birthday. The poor guy was on his back, being dryhumped in one of the booths by a sleek, dark skinned Thai female, of obviously looser morals, who must have remembered him from a past life.

As we walked past, my friend said to me, with a wink, that Sitck has given up the bar scene. We laughed the kind of laugh you might laugh if you had a friend who'd sworn off pleasure and you'd suddenly caught him in the act.

In other words, so what?

I don't know Stickman (though I've met him) and I don't read his column very often, but I regard it as a journal and I have no problems with his changing opinions or his getting revenue from the businesses who cater to the people who read his website.

?He could easily write about his observations concerning every aspect of BKK that does not deal with prostitution, yet he doesn't because his readers don't want to read that stuff.?

Let me state this very clearly for the record. What you say here it TOTALLY wrong and does not contain an ounce of truth.

What is included in the column each week is determined by a number of things, most of which you could not possibly know anything about. I would like to include mostly non-nightlife stuff because frankly, that is what I am more interested in. The problem is that non nightlife sort of stuff is much harder to research.

Take this week?s column which contains mostly nightlife stuff. Why do you think that is? Because I want to satisfy readers? Hell no! It is mostly nightlife stuff because that is EASY to research. Call a few bar owners and managers, jot down what they have to say, type it up and in an hour or two, you have enough news for a column. That is also why there was no opening piece in this week?s column ? because I did not have time to write it! As I get busier, so there will be more nightlife stuff because that is what is easy to research. If I had more time, there would be more non-nightlife stuff. That is the correlation. It is NOT based on what readers may or may not want.

Stick

Please do not misquote me. It is very easy to make a mockery of someone's comments on internet discussion forums by selectively quoting, as I believe you are here.

If you had wanted to know my thoughts on the matter, why not just ask?

Stick

PS That is why I have not realy joined this duscussion. Much easier to talk about it in person. Too much misquoting and going off on tangents on discussion forums.

Stickman said:

?He could easily write about his observations concerning every aspect of BKK that does not deal with prostitution, yet he doesn't because his readers don't want to read that stuff.?

Let me state this very clearly for the record. What you say here it TOTALLY wrong and does not contain an ounce of truth.

What is included in the column each week is determined by a number of things, most of which you could not possibly know anything about. I would like to include mostly non-nightlife stuff because frankly, that is what I am more interested in. The problem is that non nightlife sort of stuff is much harder to research.

Take this week?s column which contains mostly nightlife stuff. Why do you think that is? Because I want to satisfy readers? Hell no! It is mostly nightlife stuff because that is EASY to research. Call a few bar owners and managers, jot down what they have to say, type it up and in an hour or two, you have enough news for a column. That is also why there was no opening piece in this week?s column ? because I did not have time to write it! As I get busier, so there will be more nightlife stuff because that is what is easy to research. If I had more time, there would be more non-nightlife stuff. That is the correlation. It is NOT based on what readers may or may not want.

Stick

Sounds like you are saying your the chief editor and owner of the newspaper but you are not responsible for the content and the writings of your journalists.

You are saying that my premise regarding that you cater to your readership is wrong yet you say tha the nightlife stuff is easier to write about and research even though you are more interested in non P4P activities. "Easy research" is the only reason why you write about the P4P farang scene?

Sorry Stick but that does not add up. You state your audience does not come into play when writing about P4P, instead the criteria is "easy to research". Why not simply write about married life to a Thai woman, English teaching, conversations with your Thai peers and co-workers, opinions on Thai news events, food shopping, daily life in your soi. Interview the som tam seller in your soi or the moto tazi drivers, write about the thoughts and opinions of your building security guard, etc. That stuff must be "easy to research" because you interact with it daily.

Then again if you did write about it, completely eliminating the P4P pieces, I am sure your website would not garner as much interest.

Since you say that what I write is "totally wrong and does not contain an ounce of truth", I ask you to please explain to me me WHY the goings on of the farang P4P scence are even written about at all on your site aside from "easy research". and the fact that you claim that you don't cater to your readers interests. Why do you not eliminate and cease the farang nightlife pieces, if you have no interest in that stuff?

FAARRKKKKK -- haven't you ever heard of a blog? Stickie writes what he does because he can , thats it, simple, he doesn't particulrly suport the Pay for a fuck session with a whore who bangs like a dunney door (I could have written P4P but it wouldn't have rymned)

He writes his site becuase he can, simple, if he was a newspaper, he'd have to write other shit, and be responsible, but the web (ALL BOW AND SAY THAKS TO THE WEB) allows us to write what the fuck we please, un slillcheckered, its up to you to take it as gospol or not.

Its one mans opion peace, as thers have said,

Go sticky!

DoG -- I LICK MY BALLS BECAUSE I CAN!

Archived