Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
think_too_mut said:

Is that for real?

How about watching my ex-bg over the cam, this very moment, she's feeding the baby and typing back when she gets a chance?

What does the book say about that?

170 pages? I don't think I need even the sleeve of it. Lonely Planet kind of thing?

Sorry if I am a too heavy duty example.

Just to put a perspective into who might be reading your posts.

Actually, your girl and baby is something much more interesting to me than this whole thread, as I am a dad also. Who has had to be a long distance one...

Hope they are doing fine TTM, and good luck! Hope to see stories in the family forum! Its a whole new life opening up, isn't it?

Cheers and take care!

New Petchburi Pete said:

I've been told my many Thais that the 'cream of the crop' serves wealthy Thai clients.

... ask some of the touts what they really think of the gals in the farang ghetto area ... "material that escaped from the chicken farms" (or something similar) is the usual reply!

Funny how I always hear this rational that Thai men think that Thai girls that service the farang market are ugly and that the Thai men think the girls in the farang market are not beautiful so if a Thai man wouldn't touch said girl then why would a fatang want her.

I always ask myself when did a Western male with his view that he is better and smarter than Thais on average , ever give 2 shits about what a Thai man thinks? If a Thai man thought farang were filthy, uncivilized, cultural predators and resembled apes would the farang agree and adopt his view?

When did a Western male who claims that Thai women appreciate him because he is "DIFFERENT" than a Thai man, decide that he should adapt his tastes and opinions to reconcile to those of the Thai man? If a Thai man thinks that ANY Thai woman that chooses a farang as a mate or companion is the equivalent of a harlot or trash; would the farang agree that his woman is a harlot or trash, simply because a Thai man does?

Much is said over how respectable Thais view farang who engage with relationships from women associated in the P4P arena. Usually these views are espoused by those who engaged in relationships with Thai women not associated in the P4P arena. The saddest thing is when these farang adopt those same bigoted views. Funny how these farang never seem to employ the same views and apply them to their own relationships. Do they not think that there are many Thais who view farang Thai relationships negatively as a whole? Do they not thnk that bigots abound that think your non-P4P companion is the equivalent of social trash simply because she is with you?

I think it is pretty pathetic when I see the same level of bigotry and discriminatiom that I find in the Thai social system permeate the postings of farang on this board.

Did these farang forget the ideals and freedoms that they enjoyed in the Western world? Do they forget that bigotry, discrimination and inequality is wrong and that we in the West enact laws and create social change to make a society more fair?

Maybe it all simply comes down to the basic human need to be accepted. Farangs want to be accepted by their Thai counterparts so they adopt the bigoted ways of that society and conveniently forget what we in free thinking and speech societies are indoctrinated with.

That is until they attempt the difficult process to get their tilak a visa out of Thailand and then they start spouting off about rights, discrimination, freedoms and prejudice , blah, blah, blah.

BTW- I know the last few paragraphs are a bit corny but that is what i believe

Again, the logic here is astounding.

I don't see anything Hypocritical at all.

As for jxxxl's example, replace prostitution with Tobacco:

1. Tobacco is harmful to society.

2. Tobacco is harmful to those participating in it.

3. openly displaying tobacco participation in prostitution is harmful to themselvs and others (okay, changed some wording in this one...)

Now, if a guy had a website getting monies from tobacco companies with tobacco advertising but is advocating against it, I don't see a hypocrite problem. Can also see it as forwarding the fight against tobacco using tobacco profits. It's a free world and people can make their own choices.

Now if the guy says he'd rather go nude than wear a fur, and then goes ahead and enters into a contract to model fur, then that's a hypocrite (though, people do change over time so I'm a bit mellow over the whole Cindy Peta thing).

Some guys here are going all out just to prove their points but the logic when examined is a little lacking.

<<burp>>

Guest lazyphil

<<There seems to be a Bush-like mentality with a certain set of posters who take on the attitude of "you are with us or against us".>>

If thats directed at me?? (as I post frequently on pro bg stuff)

then I can tell you the majority of friends, couples (Thai>falang) involve mostly non bgs and a good number of falang/falang couples with not a ounce of interest in this debate!

gummigut said:

Again, the logic here is astounding.

I don't see anything Hypocritical at all.

3. openly displaying tobacco participation in prostitution is harmful to themselvs and others (okay, changed some wording in this one...)

Now, if a guy had a website getting monies from tobacco companies with tobacco advertising but is advocating against it, I don't see a hypocrite problem. Can also see it as forwarding the fight against tobacco using tobacco profits. It's a free world and people can make their own choices.

Now if the guy says he'd rather go nude than wear a fur, and then goes ahead and enters into a contract to model fur, then that's a hypocrite (though, people do change over time so I'm a bit mellow over the whole Cindy Peta thing).

Some guys here are going all out just to prove their points but the logic when examined is a little lacking.

<<burp>>

Dude u used RATIONALIZATION not logic. The logic still holds even when you use tobacco as the subject.

It is evident that the logic of JXXL's argument is not a problem The problem lies in the interpreation of the definition of HYPOCRISY.

Sounds like you might have worked for the tobacco industry.

A lot of interesting thoughts JJ. We go through a confusing process adapting to another country, its a ride. From admiration, love, frustration and hate.

I change views every week, and frankly I don't know a shit. I can't get inside the way of thinking and culture, I have not grown up there... Everything is not B/W, and certainly we should take care not to condemn other peoples lifes when they basically do as well as they can.

I would have serious problems moving to Thailand or my family's country. Too stubborn and too old.

Cheers!

gummigut said:

Now, if a guy had a website getting monies from tobacco companies with tobacco advertising but is advocating against it, I don't see a hypocrite problem. Can also see it as forwarding the fight against tobacco using tobacco profits. It's a free world and people can make their own choices."

Well, I happy that you were about to make your point without muddling things, and of course you are entitled to your opinon.

I do think that in your example using tobacco, most people would find this hypocritical. Do you think there are any anti-tobacco lobbies profiting from tobacco company advertising revenues?

BTW, without using an example, how would you define hypocracy?

jjsushi said:
New Petchburi Pete said:

I've been told my many Thais that the 'cream of the crop' serves wealthy Thai clients.

... ask some of the touts what they really think of the gals in the farang ghetto area ... "material that escaped from the chicken farms" (or something similar) is the usual reply!

Funny how I always hear this rational that Thai men think that Thai girls that service the farang market are ugly and that the Thai men think the girls in the farang market are not beautiful so if a Thai man wouldn't touch said girl then why would a fatang want her.

I always ask myself when did a Western male with his view that he is better and smarter than Thais on average , ever give 2 shits about what a Thai man thinks? If a Thai man thought farang were filthy, uncivilized, cultural predators and resembled apes would the farang agree and adopt his view?

When did a Western male who claims that Thai women appreciate him because he is "DIFFERENT" than a Thai man, decide that he should adapt his tastes and opinions to reconcile to those of the Thai man? If a Thai man thinks that ANY Thai woman that chooses a farang as a mate or companion is the equivalent of a harlot or trash; would the farang agree that his woman is a harlot or trash, simply because a Thai man does?

Much is said over how respectable Thais view farang who engage with relationships from women associated in the P4P arena. Usually these views are espoused by those who engaged in relationships with Thai women not associated in the P4P arena. The saddest thing is when these farang adopt those same bigoted views. Funny how these farang never seem to employ the same views and apply them to their own relationships. Do they not think that there are many Thais who view farang Thai relationships negatively as a whole? Do they not thnk that bigots abound that think your non-P4P companion is the equivalent of social trash simply because she is with you?

I think it is pretty pathetic when I see the same level of bigotry and discriminatiom that I find in the Thai social system permeate the postings of farang on this board.

Did these farang forget the ideals and freedoms that they enjoyed in the Western world? Do they forget that bigotry, discrimination and inequality is wrong and that we in the West enact laws and create social change to make a society more fair?

Maybe it all simply comes down to the basic human need to be accepted. Farangs want to be accepted by their Thai counterparts so they adopt the bigoted ways of that society and conveniently forget what we in free thinking and speech societies are indoctrinated with.

That is until they attempt the difficult process to get their tilak a visa out of Thailand and then they start spouting off about rights, discrimination, freedoms and prejudice , blah, blah, blah.

BTW- I know the last few paragraphs are a bit corny but that is what i believe

One of the most important things ever said on this board. And worthy a repeat! :up::applause:

Archived