Thai Airways baggage weight limits

arlo

Well, I have no idea how he did it, but the travel agent I used (found him by just emailing agents on the internet) got me a 40 kg baggage limit. I didn't ask him to do this, and he said I got 40 kg because I had a "seaman's ticket." Which is surprising because I'm not a seaman, though I do squirt seaman sometimes from a body part.

I had no problem at all at check-in, and I probably had the full 40 kg. I must say that I was pleased with TG's service. I am anything but a frequent flyer, flew last to Thailand four years ago, and don't recall having so many drinks and meals offered to me as I did this time. Stewardesses constantly offering wine, drinks, snacks...two meals on a 9 hour flight... a pen when I asked for one...pain reliever... could it be that there was virtually nobody seated in first class so they had a lot of extra goodies to dispense? Best of all, they didn't crash, so I was pleased.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, you guys misunderstood. I flew in economy class, and got a 40 kg allowance, apparently because I got a "seaman's ticket." I don't know how the agent did this, I just emailed a bunch of agents and he quoted me the lowest price. 360 euro OW from Athens.

I am confused,Arlo says "two meals on a 9 hour flight... "

It takes me from London 4 hours to fly to Athens ,and ten and a half to fly to Bangkok,why does it take 9 hours to fly from Athens to Bangkok?

Anyway i am pleased you had a good flight,hope you had a great time in Thailand too.

We fly almost over Athens,so we both have a tail wind to Thailand,yet the Athen's flight is 9 hours 50 min,the plane is a 743,the London flight is 11 hours 30 min the plane is a 747,sorry i was too lazy to look it up before,but i am still suprised at such a small difference in flight times.

The 747 must fly much faster than i thought it did,it always feels like its hardly moving on the way to Los,,,i guess thats just me being impatient to get to Los

Archived