Thai Airways baggage weight limits

arlo

I've got a reservation on Thai from Europe to Bkk and understand the baggage limit is a low 20 kg. Are they strict about enforcing this or do they allow you to take more without charge? Also, I assume that doesn't include carry on bags, is that right? Can you carry on two small bags or do they limit you to one? Thanks.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends on what mood the girl is in that checks your bags,its worth joining the Thai Royal Orchid, and you get silver status once you fly a total of 10,000 miles,then you get an extra 10kgs baggage allowance.

http://www.thaiairways.com/ you can enrol here.

I fly from Heathrow and most times have had no problems,i take golf clubs and luggage,had one girl that wanted to weigh everything,even my hand luggage, your allowed 6kgs hand luggage,the only thing that saved me,was when i pointed out that i only weigh 63 kgs then my total had to be far below most passengers,luckily she agreed.

Flew once with BA to bkk,we had terrible trouble going out,they wanted us to pay for the golf clubs,then they refused to fly us home,so we had to ship one case on its own,that cost 100 pounds in total,it arrived a week later.

Just be carefull, I started a tread on this subject less than 1 month ago.

It seems airlines companies are increasingly applying the rules and the people who check you in often work for the airport, not the airline. They tend to follow procedures imposed by airlines.

It often depend on the mood of the employee whether he will be flexible or not....I think that's human, be nice....

Arlo,

TG from Europe it 20 kg in economy, 30 kg in business and 40 kg in first.

Handluggage 'should' be 1 piece only and limited to 8 kg.

At the end, it all depends on the check-in and the mood of the person.

Gunneruk is right, register with their FF-program, even 1 R/T flight to LOS gives you silver status and an allowance of 30 kg, gold gets you 40 kg plus access to their lounges and other stuff......

BB

arlo said:

I've got a reservation on Thai from Europe to Bkk and understand the baggage limit is a low 20 kg. Are they strict about enforcing this or do they allow you to take more without charge? Also, I assume that doesn't include carry on bags, is that right? Can you carry on two small bags or do they limit you to one? Thanks.

Although I don't fancy TG, flew with them 4 times in last 6 months. When I had to go, nobody else had convenient flights available from Tokyo or the others were way more expensive.

Always had 25-28kg in the main bag plus my carry on. They never blinked at it. I am not a member of any FF program with them (with SQ, yes, but no recognitions as yet.)

arlo said:

Its the size of the carry with you bag which freaks them out, IME. If you are worried, take one o.k. size bag and plastic bag(s) extra. So many carry excessive tax free goods in plastic bags, and they do make money from it.

Cheers!

Archived