Help with nude Thai girl friend

Oldtimer

This may sound like a bit of a strange post but here goes.... Can someone explain why my 25 year old girl friend likes to be always nude at home.

Fact: 1) We have been together over the last three years. 2) When I am in Thailand, Nat come down to stay at my house in Phuket. 3) After I put her thorugh English and hair dressing school, Nat works in Bangkok. 4) Nat was never a BG, I met her somewhere else.

As soon as we get in the front door Nat takes off her clothing and openly displays her great figure. The only occasions on which she will wear any clothing is 1) during her "menns" when she wears a thong, 2) at night she puts on a big T shirt in our air conditioned bedroom, and 3) when I really insist on account of a visitor.

The beach is not so much of a problem. When we visit the beach, Nat goes topless with a very small bikini...probably the only Thai girl to dress that vay....although on Karon Beach and elsewhere there seem to be quite a few farang girls going topless. However, when we are diving, Nat only wears a weight belt, despite the stares she gets from our male companions. One time, this elicited a complaint to me from a Swedish female who was on our dive boat.

When Nat first joined me, she really made our old Muslim maid very upset, but now the maid generally puts up with it...except when the poolman or gardener comes, then the maid quite rightly inisits that Nat put on some shorts and a top. I a get furious with her for exposing herself to men like that.

If you ask Nat why she doesn't wear clothing at home, she just shugs and says, " Me no like". I once visited her family in Issan and her mother told me that none of her kids wore much in the way of clothing at home. She lived outside the village on a fish farm where they were always in the water while growing up. Nat's father died young so it seems all family members had to work in the fish ponds. The mother even told me that it was a struggle to get the kids to school because they had to wear clothing to attend.

Outside the home, Nat dresses like you woulkd expect a TG, except she doesn't wear any underwear . She says that she was told to put on a bra at the hairdressing school but refused.

Now, I'm not a prude and I really enjoy looking at Nat while nude, so what's the problem? Well its the tales that are circulating around our nearby village on Phuket about us. I seem to be known as the farang with the naked pooying and I even heard the other day that its ME who insists that Nat stay nude! Obviously Nat's behavior is very weird for a Thai as they are generally quite shy about their bodies. To show you how long I have been around, I remember that over 30 years ago the Thai ladies visiting Pattaya would only go in the sea with all their clothing on.

Does Nat have a psychological probelm or what? Have you ever encountered anything like this? I should say that in all other respects we really get along very well. Its just that her preference for nudism makes me uncomfortable at times.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Boy, wish i had your problem!

Sorry, couldn't help that.

seriously speaking, I'm not sure who has the 'problem'.

I can see you have a problem in terms of how you feel about her 'public' nudity, and about 'people' talking.

I'm not sure she has a problem. She seems happy with it, feels good about her body. She has obviously given up some traditional inhibitions, by living openly with a falang twice her age. Maybe she was pretty uninhibited to start off with.

I don't know how much time you spend there, and how damaging her behaviour really is in relation to your reputation in Pattaya. Do you get ostracised at the Golf Club? Does your bank manager look down his nose at you becasue of her behaviour?

If people think she walks around naked because you make her, and it is local knowledge that she behaves like that, take out an ad in both the local Thai and English newspaper, stating that you take no responsibility for Ms X's behaviour, and that whatever she does is of her own free will.

if a swedish woman complains about MsX not wearing knickers during her diving trip, tell her to talk to MsX personally.

In fact, i suspect most male visitors or locals coming across MsX in the buff, won't complain too much. Those who are female can complain directly. You are not her father or boss, she's a free agent.

if you feel embarrassed about it, maybe you need to deal with that. Go see a psychologist or counseller, maybe in your own country. this is not a flame, just my view.

I met a 9 year old last year in a remote village in the hills somewhere, who refused to wear any clothes. the villagers said she never wanted to, and nothing they did could make her. Maybe a psychological aberation, so what? Sometime back, nobody wore clothes, at least not in warm climates.

Thanks for your comment. Yes, Nat doesn't seem too bothered by living with a chap 42 year older than her. I ask her about the looks that we sometimes get and she just smiles and says, "No problem for me . I am proud to be your wife." But, we are not legally married.

The problem is that I am sometimes very embarrased by the way Nat openly displays her body, even though she is extremely attractive to my way of thinking. Its fine in the bedroom, but elsewhere I wish she would cover up a bit.For example my daughter who is in her thirties visited us last Christmas, and was made quite uncomfortabe by Nat's lack of garments.

Nat says that she wants to please me, but wearing clothing around the house or in our pool is like torture for her. As I said in my post it seems a family thing. Certainly one of her younger sisters has a similar aversion to clothing, although less intense.

By the way, our place in down in Phuket, not Pattaya. I used to hang out in Pattaya many years ago, and now have a couple of old friends living a few miles to the south.

Yes, you confirm it is more your problem then hers. Yet, she wants to please you. I cannot see why wearing nothing when you and her are home alone, including in the pool, would be an issue.

I can understand her point of view. I don't like clothes, and frequently don't wear any around the house. if it is hot, even more reason. But i would put some on if there is an outsider. Whe My daughters were still living at home, i'd wear them because they told me it embarrssed them if i didn't wear clothes. a matter of showing i cared for their feelings

I can see that with visitors around, you may feel embarrassed.

Have you tried explaining it to Nat on the basis of you losing face in the eyes of visitors? It is one thing a thai woman may understand.

But, when all is said and done, I wish i had your problem.

BTW, this may be none of my business, but you've been together for over 3 years, you're 42 years older than she is, and although she says she's happy to be your wife, you're not married.

For some Thai women, their youth is a precious asset, which is limited. In P4P terms (which this may not be, but still may have some parallels) we'd say she has a limited shelf life.

Have you considered making an honest woman out of her :-) ?

If she were officially Mrs Oldtimer, maybe she'd understand the issue of having to keep up decorum in public a bit better.

She maybe unconventional, but IMHO, most Thai women I know about, marriage is very high on the agenda. Security that goes with it, as well.

Sorry, Phuket, not Pattaya, I misread.

Thanks again for the advice.Yes, I would like to make Nat official but the fact is that I have a wife overseas that I am not prepared to walk out on.Also, I tell Nat that I'm much too old for her. The minute that she meets a chap whom she would like to marry (Thai or farang) I will wish her well and send a wedding present.

Nat actually calls herself my "mia noi" to which I don't object.

I will take your advice about suggesting that by not wearing clothing, she may be losing face for myself. Good idea.

Archived