Conned by Thai Bride

Boo Radley

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] There is really a type of guy who falls for that. The profile is always the same.... Loser before, loser during, and loser after.

[/color]

A bit arrogant there mon ami. People make mistakes and such stories happen very often.

There was an American man in a small village where my mother was born who knowing years later (after the marriage) that the brother who performed as a "handy man" in his house was the wife's husband. He married this Thai woman during the 80s and he just died about 4 years ago. The "brother" is the woman's husband, everyone in the town know but would not tell him because he was just a "farang".

He got even though before he died, he made sure that she did not receive any of his pension, military and social Security and sent all money (except 5,000 Baht for his funeral which he left with a monk) to his kids in the States, went to the US Embassy and filed for a divorce because the "wife" was still married to the Thai man when they got married. Sold the expensive car to one of my relative. The divorce never became final when he died from diabetes complications.

He even went to the temple in that village announcing (spoke Thai well in his later years) to the congregation that he knew he was cheated and he knew that he would die lonely and helpless for his wife did not take care of him when he was sick. In fact 2 married women volunteered to help him on cooking and helped him when he was ill for free and they did for a few months until he died. They burried him there on the land he bought and my mother and many people contributed some money for his funeral because 5,000 Baht was not enough. His bones are in a "jedi" there. His family in the States was informed by the Embassy and the Embassy was informed by the monk of that village.

The "wife" has been trying to sell food on food stall and now she is a maid and the Thai husband is working for one of my cousins in her noodle shop for food and a pact of cigaretts/day. Every time I see them I have terrible anomosity but my mother said it is a "karma". The Thai husband and wife just felt that the guy was just a "farang" and many of the villagers think nothing about cheating one, very sad really. :(

Jasmine

[color:"red"] Absolutely! And what of the Thai husband? How the fuck can he claim he loves her when he allows her to fuck another guy for 2 years while living in the same house!!!

[/color]

Many would claim that the poverty makes them that way. Just like many husbands allow the women to "work with Farangs" in bars.

Jasmine

Yep, there are many poorer places in the world where this sort of thing doesn't seem to happen.

By the way, Jasmine: "A bit arrogant there mon ami." - Well, what did you expect - he is French! I'd have thought you'd have noticed in your ongoing French lessons that it was a little suspicious that they've got as many words for arrogance as the Eskimos have for snow. ::

As think_too_mut said, it sounds like a recycled forced story. Why else is the guy going to humiliate himself by publishing it for all to see? (And, by the way, why would he think it was usual to share a house with just a brother-in-law and not the rest of the family? (Gallic shrug - :dunno:))

As think_too_mut said, it sounds like a recycled forced story. Why else is the guy going to humiliate himself by publishing it for all to see? (And, by the way, why would he think it was usual to share a house with just a brother-in-law and not the rest of the family? (Gallic shrug - :dunno:))

Appears that it's been around at least 3 times (another poster said "a few months ago").

I believe the story, at least it sounds true, just that the guy is selling it wherever he can.

2 years ago it was here on the board first time I saw it.

(Sorry for all the Italics, no time to turn it off)

Jasmine:

"Many would claim that the poverty makes them that way."

KS:

"Sounds like a rather lame excuse to me"

A certain type of personality is definitely required to commit such actions.

I don't even know how and where to start describing how sick and unhuman this is. Those aren't people, damnit, no emtions whatsoever, like a piece a machinery for Christ sake.

BTW, I very much doubt I could put such trauma behind me and go on with life. I'd find a way to bring at least the wife down. For me it'd be a risk going to jail for.

One does not know if he is a loser or not. ...

Yes, you can say he is ignorant, stupid, dumb, naive, gullible and any other descriptive adjective.

I have found out that these types of guys usually are nice people with a big and generous heart to a fault. Even detrimental to their own preservation (usually lack of confidence and self-esteem issues).

As to her being a bitch. It goes way beyond a "personality" word. We are talking character and ehtical issures which are much more serious than someone acting bitchy...

Cardinalblue

[color:"red"] BTW, I very much doubt I could put such trauma behind me and go on with life. I'd find a way to bring at least the wife down. For me it'd be a risk going to jail for.

[/color]

I understand how you feel. That is why I admired this (now dead) American guy. Believe me those 2 persons (husband and wife are living in poverty now.

Jasmine

Love is blind and I seriously doubt this only happens to 'losers'.

------------------------------

Well, he lost all, so?

I meant that not everyone who falls in love in LOS goes way deep and clueless like that, and that this type of gullible guy, is easily describable and we all know or heard of one or two.

I am harsh because time and time again, they will not listen to their inner voice and see warning signs for what they clearly are.

Love is maybe blind, but it still takes 2!

:( For once, i thought i was on par with what is commonly read about P4P/farang in RS.

I think the girl a fucking horrible bitch though

----------------------------------------------------

that's another thing. The story ends the same (like the dimwitted moviemaker story), thais do what they want and farang bow, and goes home.

I know one guy who did not let himself be victimized all the way to the bank and back home. It's not pretty but he paid some guys to teach the forfeiters a lesson. Don't want to say more, as i promised to never divulge....

Archived