Conned by Thai Bride

Boo Radley

"For once, i thought i was on par with what is commonly read about P4P/farang in RS. "

Well, I did see his pic and he really does look like a loser. But then again...I might very well look like too. :)

Anyway, victims come in all ages and types Nobody is excluded from such, not even those who THINK it can't happen to them. And if it hasn't, it's simply because situation in question has not presented itself.

But I think we should focus more on those heartless people who are capable of committing such actions. They're really cold and have no emotions. Like damned robots.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I appreciate stories like this, it's good to be reminded there are bigger fools out there than yourself. Having said that I once had a girl whose hubby knocked on my hotel door early one morning to collect some cash. At the time she told me it was a katoy friend going back to the village.I later discovered she had two husbands and a couple of boyfriends and had done the introducing the husband as a brother trick. In this story I wonder why it was necessary to hire an actress to pretend to be a sister?-peter

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"I am harsh because time and time again, they will not listen to their inner voice and see warning signs for what they clearly are."

Hey, we have *all* been there, just to varying degrees. You (most likely) and me (certainly) included.

Sanuk!

KS,

Yes, quite odd I find it, when guys reply the way they do. I know one guy, carried on for a few years, with a freelancer he met in BKK. LIved in denial that she was ever in the trade or continued to be when he wasn't there on holiday. Sent her money to "keep her from working the streets" (like $200USD is enough for that...) Pumped tons of cash into her family, bought her an expensive ring, and other gifts. The girl drove him nuts for years, temper tantrums, rediculis behavior etc... But kept going back to her year after year.

He and was planning on bringing her to the UK to marry her, live happily ever after...the guy never saw the writing on the walls, yet was always on others for their "foolish behavior with working girls and girls working a con..." To this day, this gut will jump all over anyone in a bad relationship, or in a "trouble spot" and trying to work it out. My guess is, this guy will run back for more later on...some never seem to learn from their passed mistakes, yet jump on others.

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"I am harsh because time and time again, they will not listen to their inner voice and see warning signs for what they clearly are."

Hey, we have *all* been there, just to varying degrees. You (most likely) and me (certainly) included.

Sanuk!

I think a little compassion goes a long way.

Who amongst us always makes the right decisions?

Show me someone who has not been ripped off?

Who has never been emotionally vulnerable in their lives?

We have all been 'losers' at some point in time.

Some of us have been lucky enough not to pay too dearly whilst others have.

You (most likely) and me (certainly) included.

--------------------------

I do understand that, but neither you nor I let ourselves being led to the "butcher" like this guy did, and was set-up to be.

I was not exactly talking about being stupidly infatutated in LOS (Hope it happens again!!! :) ) and losing a few feathers, but going deep into financial misery, and homelessness in his case.

I will be more charitable than before, and say that this type of guy has a big problem with self-esteem, which leads them to confuse a "I love you too mutt, Honey" with love at first sight.

This is where i see many resemblances between "bankrupted by thai girls" farangs.

I am almost certain his family let him know of their doubts and fears time and time again, and that he most likely brushed it away as trying to control him, his money, or jealousy and envy of his happiness finally realized. Something along these lines....

Ahah, change BKK with Pattaya and UK with USA, and you know who OH is talking about....Good ol' P127 ::

Thing is, if you can't see the difference between sending 200$ a month and losing one's home and savings, I can't help.

Other approximations abound, so maybe you did not talk about me, but suffice to say I answered knock for knock (figuratively speaking...Most of the times!!!), and the chick, if any, who'd lead me to the slaughterhouse blindfolded, better be prepared to be a good torero. Ole!!!!!!!!!

I may throw opinions to a buddy infatutated, but hard not to mention something when the guy, for example, goes on and on about a P4P girl whom he has barely, if any sex, with (to show he loves her for herself....), and wonders if she'll be free next time he pops in her neck of the woods, as happened to a german friend of mine living in Paris.......

There is so much you don't know about that German friend of yours in Paris. Perhapes you are yet again speculating on what you assume to be the case, as you often do. That German guy you speak of, is aware of what is up, and does not live in denial as does my UK buddy. He has not given her money either, as she will not take any from him.There is much you don't know of that German guy and his current situation.

Expect to be ripped off in the "Land of Smiles". What would you expect when the underground economy is equal if not double the above ground economy? Many Thais have moral values that are completely different from Western people.

Archived