Is Thai food booming where you live outside LOS

Guest baldrick

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It makes me laugh how much shite I see paraded as 'Thai' in England. 'Thai Bites'? ROTLFMAO!

Also, most English people going to Thai restaurants seem obsessed with little crappy starter things that you never see Thais eating, 'parcels' of stuff... what's that all about?:dunno:

Then the same people are served a pale, spiceless imitation of selected Thai dishes and pronounce that they "love" Thai food! English people have bland tastes, disdain spicy food and wouldn't know proper Thai food if it bit them on the arse. :cussing:

I don't know about that, boss, but my arse is usually "booming" after a few spicy Som Tams and Hot Red Curries when I'm in LOS. :o

Hope that's helpful. :)

jack :help:

PS. Slightly on topic, but, in Japan, same-same re, the palpable inauthenticity of Thai grub in general. The 'Family Mart' convenience store chain here did a "Thai" themed menu a few months ago. Watery, bland shite noticeably lacking in fire power. :down: I went to an all-you-can-eat for 500 baht Thai buffet-lunch job in Osaka's Shinsaibashi area once, though, and it was pretty good. They had Singha beer too. :drunk: But then you had to pay extra for the ale. :(

Archived