farang suicide in nana hotel?

japio1

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
spirit_of_town_hall said:

Its not a joking matter, imagine being that miserable in a hotel room overseas where you dont have access to good friends or mental health professionals; that you have to end your life. As ChrisG is so fond of saying, there go I but for the grace of god.

STH

Its no joke. You are there, the world has crashed down upon you. What you put your hopes on was just lies and cheating...Its a huge way down to the ground - many floors and its tempting, you are drunk - half way passed out and in a rage also. The TV is going on and on, repeating some stuff about some US elections. The empties pile up...In day time you manage to drag yourself out, but there is no one there who can stop the pain.

The anger is what keeps you from it, the final bye. Bloody hell, you will get out of this just in spite! Will show that bitch that she is just shit.

When you get away from the town and travel on, its easier to handle. The pain is there still - but after a while it gets more and more remote.

Hi,

>>>>>>>>>You are there, the world has crashed down upon you. What you put your hopes on was just lies and cheating...Its a huge way down to the ground - many floors and its tempting, you are drunk - half way passed out and in a rage also.<<<<<<

Sounds like you've been there.

HT

Not just to mention but what about the Falang that leapped from the N side of the Sky Train at Siam to the corner next to the new building? Papers said it was a love death thing???

Any reports on the reasons the bloke offed himself?

rompandadam said:

"Does this appear to be a valid suicide?"

Surely not up to us to decide??

No, up to the authorities. But many times I have read about an apparent suicide only to read later about circumstances that would make the suicide ruling look rediculous.

I was wondering if this case fell into that same group.

Oh great, another suicide thread. Here's what I think for what it's worth. I've had some great times in Thailand but I've been depressed there too. I can't say I've ever been suicidal but I know what it feels like to want to get totally away from yourself. Of course you never can...unless you go all the way. (Not talking about anyone in particular here)

So you're stuck with yourself and all your problems and sooner or later they get worse or they don't seem so serious anymore. Really what you want is a fresh start. When you're young it's not too hard to find. When you're older, divorced maybe, few kids it's impossible. You can't lose the baggage.

Still Thailand is a good place to find distractions. You can start a new relationship on your first day if you want. Or you can play it cool and wait a couple of days. You can also find plenty of fellow sufferers. But Thailand can be a big mistake for some people. You may end up feeling even more alienated and lonely. Maybe the only thing that really helps is to have a few friends. Just a drunken ramble............ :)

Archived