NWA dropping seats to BKK

TroyinEwa/Perv

"... tells me that this company has no clue what they are doing..."

Hey dude, I work for United, want to trade stories of stupid airline management (an oxymoran)? I have worked for Continental, Eastern, Alaska, Reno air, Southern Air Transport, United...oh the stories I can tell you...but hey, guess you know them all as well, no wonder the industry is so fucked up! No wonder so many of us have drinking problems... :):banghead: :banghead: :banghead::beer::dunno::beer::help:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH......I never drank a drop till I started with the airlines. I got a late start but have made up for it. Now I drink because it's necessary. When I finally have seen it all....something else comes along and amazes me even more. I guess everyone has something like that in whatever line of work they are in but I really think airlines are in a class of there own for this kind of stuff. I'd love to be able to go over war stories with you some time. Hope I have the chance someday.

As far as where that 747 will go, I am not sure. We have not added a route yet that it would go on. I know NWA has been approved for China but no concrete routes announced that I have heard of yet. I thought this would be a temporary downgrade but after checking today, they are still selling seats for next June as if the A330 is still doing the trip. Time will tell......hopefully the demand will be so great they will see the errors of their ways.

"...I guess everyone has something like that in whatever line of work they are in but I really think airlines are in a class of there own for this kind of stuff..."

Name one other industry that constantly gives concessions to keep it afloat? And yet, somehow we dedicated employees (perhapes the most dedicated in the world) keep showing up for work, and doing our best despite the constant reamings we've gotton over the years...inept management, poor governemnt controls and high fuel costs seem to be doing the industry in...oh well, when there is only one airline left, and tickets are 4 times what they are now, then people will realize they should have done more to help us...then I say fuck the lot! Also needed to vent! :)

I imagine flying non-rev NRT-BKK on NW will be impossible now. Guess you could always try Korean Air since they are both members of Skyteam now. I did manage to book a WorldPerks standard ticket to BKK next summer, but that was pure luck. With the 330-200 and a 150 less seats, WPs tickets to BKK will be as scare as hen's teeth.

I have some plans.....2 trips ago I did a route which wasn't too bad. I live in a small town in Wisconsin so I must go to Minneapolis if I am to non-rev on my airline. My goal was to get to Detroit. So I had to go from my town to MSP. The flight to DTW was full so I took a trip to ORD then to DTW and was there with about an hour to spare for my flight to Osaka. In Osaka, I have a buddy that I used to work with in Honolulu. We spent a couple of my 6 hour layover having beers. Was great seeing him again. So, from there I had to switch airlines. NWA does not fly KIX-BKK so I took Thai Air to Phuket for a short layover and got into BKK early in the morning. I got in about 10 hours later than the NWA flight would have the night before. Was pretty cool arriving at 9am. My next trip, I should be able to cut out the ORD-DTW portion and also the Kansai to Phuket and fly directly into BKK. That will save 2 flights and a few hours, arriving about 6am. Lots of other options too but a bit of a hassle and loss of one night in Thailand. Guess I'll have to do what I have to if I want to non-rev though.

Hey Troy

I also live here in Wisconsin as you know. I take NWA out of Appleton to BKK. I think this year I will not be able to afford it with the reduction in seats. The fares are priced at well over a grand, to rich for me. I think im going to leave later in the day and take NWA to SFO. I then will get a late night flight on China or EVA. I then will arrive in the morning and won't have to leave at the crack of my ass on the 6am NWA flight coming home. I know this will take longer but the arrival and departure times will be better. I also like to fly at night not a morning person. I hope you can lobby NWA to add a second Airbus on the NRT-BKK route maybe one with better times.

The times (6AM departure BKK-NRT) can not change due to meeting the planes at NRT for USA destinations.

I have flown NWA to LAX and then pickup the EVA midnight flight in Econ Deluxe. The flight to LAX is cheap so it only costs me $200 more, than using NWA for the entire trip, for a much better flight experience. :up:

To keep my elite status I am using NWA this trip. Some of the FAs are quite rude on the trans-Pacific segment. :( The Thai crew is much better. ::

Yeah it is such a night and day difference between the Asian FAs and the US.

I just snagged a cash and miles ticket for 5000 miles and 550 bux after taxes. Not too bad. I wonder what the exit row situation is like on those Airbus.

Gotta stay with NW though. They give so many miles through so many promotions and not to mention the 75k threshold for Platinum though it has nowhere near the perks that other airlines have for their top tier passengers. With all those miles it still makes me wait for one whole year to get a July 4th Christmas ticket etc. Almost no other chance but booking 12 months in advance.

Oneye

Archived