Deadly silence?

Lusty

If there is ever a disagreement about anything,rather than discuss it,she does not speak at all,sometimes for a few days.

Is this normal behavier?Seeing it was over something as trivial as a Chinese takeaway::,what will happen if anything really serious occurs?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, its normal. Just its not the Chinese takeaway, there is something else which bothers her. Its just the drop. Or can be monthly.

What can I say? I can't handle that either :: Quiet is some girls mode, noisy is others - and some mix it and go from quiet to angry.

You are asking for some reply from Oracle in Delphi - can't be done :banghead:

Force her to talk about it by acusing her of something not true. She will get upset and eventually blurt out what is pissing her off, thus changing the subject and you getting the issue you wanted. I use this method to prevent the bigger blowouts that can occur later down the road. i call it a pressure release valve method.

Good idea to get frustration, but what if its an issue which you can't solve??

That happens once in a while, and it's no biggie in my book. You can't agree on everything, unless you have no personality at all. To me, the main thing is you care for each other, and if that's taken care of, disagreements are just that, disagreements and not the end of your relation.

Cheers,

soongmak

She hasn't said a word since 16:00 on sunday BUT I've still been getting my cup of tea in bed and my free grub from the resturant!she took all the pics of us down but I fond them hidden under the table so hopefully it would have all blown over by the w/end!

If not it'll be on the flights search engine for xmas and normal serviced will be resumed ::!

>She hasn't said a word since 16:00 on sunday BUT I've still been getting my cup of tea in bed and my free grub from the resturant!she took all the pics of us down but I fond them hidden under the table so hopefully it would have all blown over by the w/end!<

Yes, I've had that silent treatment, while other services were restored, even sex (I think she enjoyed it too much to include it in a boycot).

She could be incredibly stubborn about her sulk. But, sulk is about power. She may have felt powerless about something. Eventually, it always came out.

I used to receive the silent treatment as well but things have changed.

She finally realized that communication is the only way to resolve issues rather than prolonging its duration by putting her volume on zero.

As Soongmak said..sometimes one needs to disagree, no problem. What matters is that a case should be discussed and closed and not put away in a drawer. Eventually the drawer will be opened again and again and that's frustrating for both.

Archived