Where to get document notarized for less than $50?

If anything this makes me aware not to trust any notary stamps outside Norway. They don't have any authority even if US has a list Gummigut. There can be a very long time before anyone finds out that this person is not fit to be a notary, and even longer before the lists are updated.

After that, a document has a validity. At least 3 months.

Anyway, I guess these stamps carry no weight outside US, so I am just nitpicking. But Oops, the OP wanted them used in Thailand? Embassy is my recommendation. Unless the counterpart is US.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBK:

That's the beauty of a litigous nation. The penalty for faking it is way to dire to fake something people give out for free or charge as much as a whopping $10. They'd get their ass sued off!!!

With all are lawyers, the US system has to be good for something!!! And that something is holding down the Notary Fakers!!! lol

Man those lawyers are a huge burden to society!!! They have to be a significant reason why medical bills in the US are so much higher than most anywhere else!

<<burp>>

Maybe its a a minor point. I think its that I am used to a different system than yours. Cultural conflict? Penalties are irrelevant, you can't use that as an arguement for a system which is wrong. All this is about trust and why you need a stamp in the first place? Its a mark of authority, and if that authority lacks substance and is difficult to verify - its wrong. Can be abused big time.

I will argue that my system is right, you will that yours is. If you have a notary stamp, can you stamp this arguement closed please (after you add something it if you don't agree).

If you ask me to stamp it by notary, it means 1/2 hour walk on Monday to Romerike Tingrett (local court) - please don't do that. :D

P.S.: Just mean to say that we are repeating ourself here.

P.P.S.: No, actually I am too drunk to type more.

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus Christ I'm glad I'm not from Norway. Look at how a simple frickin' question gets turned into a three page diatribe on how the US notary system sucks.

I don't know who's stupid anymore: the OP as CBK would have us believe, CBK for blathering on and on about something he knows nothing about, or me for reading the whole damn thing?

I'm leaning toward the third one. :o

Wait a minute...none of this makes sense for two reasons.

First, as mentioned above, Thailand does not have a notary system. When I first came here ten years ago this was one of my first stupid questions (I am not suggesting anyone else here is stupid). And I know Thailand has not yet adopted a notary law.

Second, notaries can only act within the jurisdiction where they are licensed. A notary licensed in Ohio, for example, can only notarize documents in Ohio.

The only exceptions are consular officers, which is why the embassy is the only legitimate option.

Archived