Trouble with older thai women- need advice

JJsushi

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi jj,

I would be working along the lines of staying friends with all.When the subject(bickering) comes up,explain to each one that you value their friendship and you have a nuetral opinion on it.(Then leave it in there court)Or somehow sort out who will benifit you the most and stick with them,because there probably aint no going back from there.,

its a sticky one.

a situation like this should teach everyone a lesson about thailand: the lesson of not playing around in social circles one does not have either a professional reason to be in, or is through marriage introduced into.

it's nice while being wined and dined, but when the inevitable conflicts come into the open you are like a fish out of water, in a warzone without any real support, always in danger to get between the lines, ending up as the fallguy.

thais generally in such a situation will ally themselves along family lines, and can that way stay relatively safely out of the conflict, as it is genarally accepted that one has to choose family. no faces lost as long as one stays out of the warzone.

you have not that luxury, you will be a tool in that war. you will be pushed into taking a side you don't want to, maybe only to give the other side a little needle in the back.

the only thing you can do is expressing to both sides your being a farang, not understanding the situation, not knowing how to behave, and hoping that both sides can accept that and leave you out (slim chance - all is fair in love and war). and then stay away, and have a good think about where in thailand's social circles you can play around safely when you don't have a real thai family.

why do you think that i do purposely *NOT* play around in those social circles here in thailand? it is not for lack of opportunity...

I confer with the general consensus from the other posts, stay the fuck away from it. Take the attitude that this is women's business and stay out of the kitchen lest you come too close to the edge of the black hole and get sucked in.

To me its like a bickering couple coming to a mutual friend and they ask you to pick sides.....you pick a side and they get back together....then your excluded by both.

The other scenario is that these 2 ladies become irretrievably split. You pick Auntie A and Auntie B has the bitter taste of betrayal in her mouth....this would fall under the heading ...Hell have no fury like a women scorned!!!

Another bad option would be to try and take on the role of peacemaker ....better chances of you brokering the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Sometimes the best action is no action at all

"you have not that luxury, you will be a tool in that war."

Christ FOZW, we aren't talking about a blood feud here. lol

Your doom and gloom here is so far out there...

If his living was based on this social group then you MIGHT have some sort of argument. But geez, this is a social clique. Get a grip!

I find the best way to treat this is to ignore it unless it is directly brought up. If it is brought up, then state that you know the situation but that you aren't going to pass judgement and let it effect your relationship with all parties. If they change their relationship with you because of that, then that is their decision.

My experiences is that Chinese can respect this. I would expect the same of these Thais (/chinese?). But one has to make their own choices.

Either way, best of luck jj.

<<burp>>

>>>>Christ FOZW, we aren't talking about a blood feud here. lol

Your doom and gloom here is so far out there...

If his living was based on this social group then you MIGHT have some sort of argument. But geez, this is a social clique. Get a grip!<<<<

well, mr., the only thing i can advise you is to spend a few more years here, interact on all levels of thai society for many years, and see for yourself to which extremes such conflicts can go. then you might get a clue what i am talking about.

his "living" might not be based on that social clique, but read his post again, and he said that that clique was elementary in his introduction in the higher echelons of thai society, which is somewhat serious to be drawn into such a mess. but what can i say, some people only learn from their own bad experiences. i prefer to observe other's, and be able to anticipate what is going to happen.

jitagawn said:

You have to be kidding Fly. You make it seem like its so important one way or the other. I don't think so.

for jjsushi it appears to be a rather important issue, otherwise he wouldn't have posted it, asking for advice, innit? ;)

so, i can only do the best i can, giving advice based on my personal experiences. that's what i did. up to anybody to follow my advice, or believe me, or not.

Archived