Bangkok's Most Romantic Restaurant

frogpatrol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Out of business?? I went to the one in Rama 4 about two month ago. Nice experience except we ended up frozen by the air con - cotton socks and long sleeves shirts are not enough. Food was OK, a bit better than the girls.

Bibblies U like fusion food?? Can't bear it and it seems the hippest style in Bankok trendy bar/restaurant, the last one I tried beeing Hu U, on Sathorn, great setting lousy food.

he probably meant the no hands restaurant in the Nana area, not the galaxy on rama 4.

yep, Fusion is still very trendy. however a lot come and also go. there was for example one called ConFusion on soi 23 where once the good french restaurant Aioli was. the food was pretty mediocre and how can you give a restaurant such a negative name! it did not last more than 3 months!

Never heard about ConFusion, but sure doesn't sound like a winning name.

Now then who likes fusion food?? A friend's idea was it's a good compromise to western and oriental tastes but doesn't sound good enough. He doesn't like it either. Talked recently to a young couple in Paris who started a small but rather high end restaurant there. They'd thought about fusion food but found it no viable in the long term. Who would like to have it more than for an exotic try was the seemingly killer question.

Wonder why it's so succesful over here...

On a positive note there are a lot of spanish dishes in the always very worth buffet in Sofitel this week (little less than 700 bth all inclusive I think), might go there again tonight

I don't care what they call it as long as it tastes good. In this case, it did (both to me and her). Also, when you tell a Thai girl you're going to take her to eat "fusion" food, you can explain it away as anything you want. (I.e. you can say there's some Thai stuff to those difficult girls). By contrast, she wouldn't even give Guisto a chance because it had the label of "Italian" and she'd once had a bad pizza or something. :doah: (Btw, Guisto: food and service is very good but the setting's much more cold than romantic. Not a good place to take the average Thai girl, imo.)

Le Dalat Indochine on Soi 23 was another winner (though my date was initially apprehensive about the label of "Vietnamese" food too). Lovely setting, friendly, though mostly farang customers and good food (doesn't Vietnamese food look great, btw? :p)

I hope this is not a repeat post by me.

Have you visited La Dalat about 2-3 hundred yeads/meters down Soi 23 from La Dalat Indochine? Another converted mansion on 2-3 floors that also has an outside garden dining area. Could have a problem with 'skeeters. Food (Viet) very good but crowded on weekends. I have not been there for a few years.

@@>Le Dalat Indochine on Soi 23 was another winner (though my date was initially apprehensive about the label of "Vietnamese" food too). Lovely setting, friendly, though mostly farang customers and good food (doesn't Vietnamese food look great, btw? )

Took a date out to Le Moulin de Saumure in Lang Suan , last night after I kicked up a fuss in Indigo, Soi Convent. Both french restaurants more than decent to take a girl out and you can be pretty sure your main courses won't taste sweet

Took a date out to Le Moulin de Saumure in Lang Suan , last night after I kicked up a fuss in Indigo, Soi Convent. Both places more than decent to take a girl out and you can be pretty sure your main courses won't taste sweet

Archived